thanks for the advice, I’ll keep it in mind for another time.
I booted on a live distro, mounted ans chrooted the system. Updated, looked the logs to find what update might have caused it and found nothing.
So I made a backup and started a clean install which was probably a good idea since Deepin has accumulated loads of regressions and conflicts in the past few months.
Works fine now, I have some new interesting improvements in DDE which didn’t appear in my previous install and - so far - none of the earlier conflicts.
Problem solved then.
Yep, sorry, my bad ^^’
it’s startdde and I wrote the wrong version, it’s 27 not 37.
You can either use downgrade as suggested by @joekamprad or try again the command I gave you with the right syntax (try to autocomplete using Tab)
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/startdde_22.214.171.124.pkg.tar.xz
Ah! Solved it. There were a few options in dconf still using ‘Monospace’ instead of ‘Noto Sans Mono’.
Apparently, when the Noto fonts were installed automatically with a previous update, the old Monospace font was changed and a placeholder is loaded instead.
I’m sorry I can’t be more precise about wich dfonf parameter did the trick, but it’s one of these :
Thanks for the help anyway :)