thanks for the advice, I’ll keep it in mind for another time.
I booted on a live distro, mounted ans chrooted the system. Updated, looked the logs to find what update might have caused it and found nothing.
So I made a backup and started a clean install which was probably a good idea since Deepin has accumulated loads of regressions and conflicts in the past few months.
Works fine now, I have some new interesting improvements in DDE which didn’t appear in my previous install and - so far - none of the earlier conflicts.
Problem solved then.
after rebooting I’m stuck on the login screen with no input method available : the trackpad isn’t working and neither is the keyboard.
I can’t access any tty with Ctrl+Alt+Fx
The power button works though, so I can shut down. Closing the lid puts the laptop to sleep but when waking it the screen doesn’t light up.
The keyboard obviously works on startup for GRUB and then typing my encryption passphrase. But when the login screen is up : nada.
How can I access some kind of terminal to debug this?
Thanks in advance for your help.
@stingray454 The Noto fonts where added later, and some config files didn’t follow the change. When i installed Antergos with Deepin like 6 months ago, it used different fonts then an update changed them with Noto.
In my case , it was the monospace font family wich was missing and I had to use the dconf-editor to rectify this.
So you’re right, the Deepin version should include these changes on the installation process.
you’ll need to use dconf-editor (there should be a shortcut in the app launcher).
in dconf-editor, use the search function and enter font.
For every key the ‘right’ font should be Noto Sans 10 or 11 (or Noto Sans Mono 10 or 11 for monopsace keys)
Of course, the Noto fonts have to be instaled.
The title bar font is usually Cantarell Bold 11 and Cantarell 11 on the desktop.
Log-out or reboot and it should work.
The tablet isn’t even seen in the input devices’ list :
xinput list ⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)] ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)] ⎜ ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad id=10 [slave pointer (2)] ⎜ ↳ TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint id=11 [slave pointer (2)] ⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)] ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)] ↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)] ↳ Video Bus id=7 [slave keyboard (3)] ↳ Sleep Button id=8 [slave keyboard (3)] ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=9 [slave keyboard (3)] ↳ ThinkPad Extra Buttons id=12 [slave keyboard (3)]
So I guess the driver (if there’s one already for these new Intuos) isn’t there or not working properly.
I’m trying to use my Wacom Intuos connected via Bluetooh on Antergos. The pairing works but I can’t move the cursor using the stylus.
Here is what the bluetooth agent has to report :
[Intuos BT S]# info Device DC:2C:26:09:B0:D1 (public) Name: Intuos BT S Alias: Intuos BT S Class: 0x00002594 Icon: input-tablet Paired: yes Trusted: yes Blocked: no Connected: yes LegacyPairing: no UUID: Human Interface Device... (00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb) UUID: PnP Information (00001200-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb) Modalias: usb:v056Ap0377d0000
The following packages are already installed on my system :
wacom-utility input-wacom-dkms libwacom x86-input-wacom
There’s a kcm-wacomtablet-git package in AUR but I can’t build it.
wacom-utility doesn’t start at all (no shortcut on Deepin and no similar command in CLI…). There’s just a few python scripts in /usr/share/wacom-utility and they don’t do much as they all report errors. It could be useful to be able to use it.
Also xsetwacom doesn’t see any devices.
Do you guys have had experience with Wacom tablets on Arch/Antergos ? Help would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks in advance.
Yep, sorry, my bad ^^’
it’s startdde and I wrote the wrong version, it’s 27 not 37.
You can either use downgrade as suggested by @joekamprad or try again the command I gave you with the right syntax (try to autocomplete using Tab)
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/startdde_22.214.171.124.pkg.tar.xz
Ah! Solved it. There were a few options in dconf still using ‘Monospace’ instead of ‘Noto Sans Mono’.
Apparently, when the Noto fonts were installed automatically with a previous update, the old Monospace font was changed and a placeholder is loaded instead.
I’m sorry I can’t be more precise about wich dfonf parameter did the trick, but it’s one of these :
Thanks for the help anyway :)