Vlc doesn’t open for the second time and so on. Vlc starts for the first time after a fresh boot but when you close vlc window it would not start for the second time no matter how much you try but ironically you can open vlc by typing ‘vlc’ in terminal.
I had tried :
sudo pacman -Rsnc vlc
sudo pacman -S vlc
b) I also tried installing QT4
sudo pacman -S qt4
but none of them worked at all. So my question is that should we abandon all hope of using
‘vlc’ if we are to use Antergos? Is Antergos team quite unable to fix this issue which is plaguing this distro for a very long time?
- First install all the packages for Wine
#sudo pacman -S wine winetricks wine_gecko wine-mono lib32-ncurses
- Then install ttf-ms-fonts for microsoft fonts support
#sudo pacman -S ttf-ms-fonts
#yaourt -S ttf-ms-fonts --noconfirm
- After that, Set up Wine Architecture and Wine Prefix as win32
#WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/wine32 winecfg
- Then, install msxml3 for msoffice2007 and msxml3&msxml6 for msoffice 2010
(for msoffice 2007 )
#WINEPREFIX=~/wine32 winetricks msxml3
#WINEPREFIX=~/wine32 winetricks msxml6
- Now, install samba package for winbind package as the lib32-libwbclient(winbind) package is discontinued in arch linux
#sudo pacman -S samba
- Now, install the msoffice by running setup.exe file through wine.
#WINEPREFIX=~/wine32 wine /path/to/msoffice/folder/setup.exe
#WINEPREFIX=~/wine32 wine /home/anyone/msoffice2010/MS\ Office\ 2010/MS\ Office\ 2010/setup.exe
Now, MSOffice is installed on your arch linux system.