• signature error & package corrupted

Hi all,

I have Antergos installed on one VM which I couldn’t update for about 2 months. I’ve managed to update the system after some errors and I’m not getting any errors when updating but I had to remove 3 packages: gitkraken, phantomjs and tilix. Now I cannot reinstall them. I’m always getting this kind of error:

error: tilix: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/tilix-1.7.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

I’ve tried many things including all methods mentioned in the Antergos forum (links are missing because of Akismet.com…)
    @moderators: Why I’m not even allowed to post even links from the forum?

Is there something else I could try or should reinstall Antergos?

• @anergos said in signature error & package corrupted:

@moderators: Why I’m not even allowed to post even links from the forum?

New users need to get some repution before they can fully access the forum, otherwise forum would be full of spam from clickbaiters …

• you should now be reputaded…

error: tilix: signature from “Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) [email protected]” is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/tilix-1.7.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

Thats not your system fauling here it is a real PGP error and should be solved upstream by @developers
    I will report this now.

Thanks for posting the issue!

• @joekamprad OK. Thanks!

• @joekamprad OK. Thanks!

EDIT:
    I’m seeing the same error with gitkraken:

error: gitkraken: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gitkraken-3.6.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] 
    error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
    2018-05-26 17:00:44,293 - wrappers - pacman - ERROR - pacman query sudo pacman --sync gitkraken --asdeps --ask=4 failed

• so it looks like a bit more widely spreaded problem… sorry for that, needs to be fixed by @developers

• only workaround is to keep the package and install with: sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gitkraken-3.6.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

• @joekamprad I had to remove these packages because I was getting errors as I mentioned before.
    gitkraken is in the AUR.

• Gitkraken is also in AUR, but it will install from Antergos repo by default.

• @anergos said in signature error & package corrupted:

phantomjs
    is also giving signature error?

0_1527351774782_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-05-26 18-20-21.png

On try to install pacman is saving the package inside cache, so you have it downloaded and kan locvally install without checking signature… what i want to tell you with:

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gitkraken-3.6.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

• Sorry. Not sure I understand correctly. This is what I get:

$ sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gitkraken-3.6.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
    loading packages...
    error: '/var/cache/pacman/pkg/gitkraken-3.6.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz': could not find or read package

• then you was typing “N” to do not keep the package… simple try install again and type “Y” to keep the package in cache like follows:

sudo pacman -S gitkraken

will give you:

error: gitkraken: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gitkraken-3.6.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] 

here type Y

then it will fail but package is stored…
    then again:

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gitkraken-3.6.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

• opposite 🤦‍♂️

type n to keep the package …

• @joekamprad said in signature error & package corrupted:

Gitkraken is also in AUR, but it will install from Antergos repo by default.

Great! It has indeed worked like you wrote but one thing I find weird is that gitkraken got installed with pacman from the Antergos repo like you mentioned earlier.
    How is this possible?
    When I’m interested in a package I usually check the Arch website repo and AUR and then use pacman or my AUR Helper to install it.

• pacman uses the entries inside pacman.conf by priority from first to last… so if pacman finds package in the first entry it will be installed from this one…
    first entry on Antergos is:

[antergos]
    SigLevel = PackageRequired
    Include = /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist

followed by the ones from ArchLinux itself…

If you are using an AUR-Helper like aurman yaourt e.t.c. it will do the same, and then searching the AUR if it do not find on repositories, if it finds package on repos it will take that one and stop searching…

So if a package exist on Antergos repository the same one from AUR will be hidden.

But yaourt can find them also if you search without operant:

yaourt gitkraken
    1 antergos/gitkraken 3.6.0-1
        The intuitive, fast, and beautiful cross-platform Git client.
    2 aur/gitkraken 3.6.1-1 (193) (3.98)
        The intuitive, fast, and beautiful cross-platform Git client.
    ==> Enter n° of packages to be installed (e.g., 1 2 3 or 1-3)
    ==> ---------------------------------------------------------
    ==>

error306 signature17 corrupted11 Posts 16Views 476
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.