• Acer C720 trackpad driver \[SOLVED\]

Upon installing a semi-botched (given how recent builds of arch 64 fail to boot on this particular laptop) Antergos 64bit on my Acer C720 Chromebook, I found that the trackpad fails to work. I have tried to follow this [page on the Arch Wiki[/url:3u75apym] in order to install the proper modules. When following the instructions, the provided script spits out text similar to:

Hunk: #1 FAILED at 54.
    Hunk: #2 succeeded …
    Hunk: #3 FAILED at 335
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED – saving rejects to file drivers/…

I happen to be relatively new to linux (< 1 year) and don’t fully understand what course of action I should take next. Should I downgrade my kernel (how) and try some of the other provided scripts on the AW page? If someone could point me in the right direction, I would gladly appriciate it.

If I haven’t adequately described my predicament, please request the extra information requried to diagnose my problem and I will try to get back to you quickly.

Thanks]0

• Upon installing a semi-botched (given how recent builds of arch 64 fail to boot on this particular laptop) Antergos 64bit on my Acer C720 Chromebook, I found that the trackpad fails to work. I have tried to follow this [page on the Arch Wiki[/url:3u75apym] in order to install the proper modules. When following the instructions, the provided script spits out text similar to:

Hunk: #1 FAILED at 54.
    Hunk: #2 succeeded …
    Hunk: #3 FAILED at 335
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED – saving rejects to file drivers/…

I happen to be relatively new to linux (< 1 year) and don’t fully understand what course of action I should take next. Should I downgrade my kernel (how) and try some of the other provided scripts on the AW page? If someone could point me in the right direction, I would gladly appriciate it.

If I haven’t adequately described my predicament, please request the extra information requried to diagnose my problem and I will try to get back to you quickly.

Thanks]0

• Nevermind, I found a solution:
    This github repo solved my problem: [url:25lge5ej]https://github.com/masmullin2000/arch-c720p[/url:25lge5ej]
    More info: [url:25lge5ej]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:Acer_C720_Chromebook[/url:25lge5ej]
    I will mark this as closed now.

Posts 3Views 1139
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.