• Fresh install, Antergos minimal, now I can't install any packages!

My current PC runs windows, before I finish my second build, I wanted to test installing, setting up and ricing i3-gaps on Arch in VMWare Workstation 14 before installing it on a new system. First I used Antergos with GNOME and I had a LOT of trouble configuring i3wm to work right. I didn’t even have either .Xdefaults or .Xresources files to begin with, I couldn’t open my terminal emulator even after configuring it to directly open urxvt in my i3 config file, and there were a TON of other issues with seemingly basic configurations that I ended up accusing the original DE, GNOME for. So I scrapped it and started over with a minimal install of Antergos. Now I’m signed in to that black terminal, and I go to install some things “sudo pacman -S i3 dmenu” and it finds the files, asks if I’d like to proceed with installation [Y/n]? I say yes and many, many lines of errors run through ending with this:

warning: failed to retrieve some files
    error: failed to commit transaction (download library error)
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I have Network Manager installed, I checked. What do I do if I can’t install anything?

• @abebreakable
    Please check your internet connection with command:

ping www.antergos.com

It should give you many lines within about a second interval. You can stop it by pressing Ctrl-C.

Another thing you can do is change the order or mirrors in /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist and /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist. Set the best mirros in the beginning. Some mirrors may not be good for your location. Often the closest is the fastest, but you may need to experiment a little if the closest won’t work properly.

• ping -c3 antergos.com

pings 3 times and stops ;)

ip link

show devices

dhcpcd "device"

will try to connect to wired network

fresh35 packages13 minimal9 Posts 3Views 320
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.