• Daily Updates??

Since I installed Antergos a few days ago I’ve been getting updates daily. Just wonder if this is “normal”? I know it’s Arch and Arch is “Bleeding Edge” so is this what they’re talking about, daily updates all the time? Not that I mind it, it’s nice having my system 100% up to date all the time but with 3 laptops I just have to remember to do all of em’ when I catch an update on one so they’ll all be on the same page.

No Matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

• Since I installed Antergos a few days ago I’ve been getting updates daily. Just wonder if this is “normal”? I know it’s Arch and Arch is “Bleeding Edge” so is this what they’re talking about, daily updates all the time? Not that I mind it, it’s nice having my system 100% up to date all the time but with 3 laptops I just have to remember to do all of em’ when I catch an update on one so they’ll all be on the same page.

• Yep, you can pretty much count on at least one package update per day with a few exceptions here and there of course. Just be sure to install updates AT LEAST once per week to avoid any potential gotchas.

There are several update reminder scripts in the AUR that you may find useful. I just use a cron job on my systems…set it and forget about it

Cheers!

• That was one reason I moved my Manjaro installs to Testing from Stable because I didn’t like having to download a bazillion packages and then not knowing which one broke something after I was done. At least with just a handful of downloads you can narrow it down to what the problem might have been.

• Just wonder if this is “normal”? I know it’s Arch and Arch is “Bleeding Edge” so is this what
    Just wonder if this is “normal”? I know it’s Arch and Arch is “Bleeding Edge” so is this what they’re talking about, daily updates all the time?

NOOR

Posts 5Views 1265