• Kde plasma not working goog with desktop efects

I there on more weired problem I had a problem with js52 and now after updates desktop grid and present windows from kde plasma like we see on this lVideo are not working. Has anyone have the same problem?

• To bring in what you have done to get system working again after wrongly remove js52:
    You do reinstall:

sudo pacman -Sy antergos-common-meta antergos-kde-meta --needed

and reinstalling js52 too:

sudo pacman -S --force js52

say if i am missing something…

And now KDE is back but you are loosing desktop grid
    :

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• @joekamprad said in Kde plasma not working goog with desktop efects:

To bring in what you have done to get system working again after wrongly remove js52:
    You do reinstall:

sudo pacman -Sy antergos-common-meta antergos-kde-meta --needed

and reinstalling js52 too:

sudo pacman -S --force js52

say if i am missing something…

And now KDE is back but you are loosing desktop grid
    :

Hi there thank you

that is done 🙂 and still having problems

• 0_1526934369291_c39d90d9-96fc-4b88-94ac-6993c24ee177-image.png I have unknown on kernel module on opengl is it normal?

• Yes, I also have that, so that can’t be the source of your problem.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• @bryanpwo do you use the kde plasma interface?

• Yes, I do and I’ve activated desktop grid and it’s working without any problems here.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• @bryanpwo so is related with my js52 unistall issue. any idea how to fix it?

• @marine88
    I wish I had, other than what Joekamprad suggested you I have nothing. My removal and update didn’t effect KDE plasma like it did with yours.
    Did you reboot after reinstall? (I’m just asking in case you didn’t.)

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

• @bryanpwo SI I did a reboot. but i also install al files in cache off pacman to fix js52 uninstall

• What do you mean by “all files in pacman cache”?

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

• @bryanpwo I did the solution on this topic!

• Okay, now the picture is complete.
    If I understand correctly you did what @fernandomaroto wrote in his first post of that thread and went on putting back the wl settings and the js52 update.
    It seems to me that in that process some files were corrupted, maybe you could send us a log of your system.
    Otherwise, since your system caused problems after those actions, you could consider making a back up and do a clean install. I know it’s a hassle, but sometimes it is the easiest solution in cases like yours.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

• Here is my journal log here is my journal log last and here is my xorg log

• Thank you for your info, but I can’t see any errors that may cause this. The only error I found was with Kwin, but that is a known error that doesn’t cause that behaviour.
    Maybe someone else who reads this, can figure it out.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

• @bryanpwo said in Kde plasma not working goog with desktop efects:

Thank you for your info, but I can’t see any errors that may cause this. The only error I found was with Kwin, but that is a known error that doesn’t cause that behaviour.

thank you for trying to help maybe i will need to loose some time and format my system!

• @bryanpwo said in Kde plasma not working goog with desktop efects:

Thank you for your info, but I can’t see any errors that may cause this. The only error I found was with Kwin, but that is a known error that doesn’t cause that behaviour.

by the way is there any way do fix kwin ?

• You can read more about it in here

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

• I make a new instalation and remove everyting so is working good now thank you for your help guys

kde163 plasma37 efects1 goog1 Posts 19Views 319
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.