• Mouse stutter in KVM/QEMU (Win 10) Samsung SSD 830

Hi guys,

I passed the whole SSD to Windows, but think i’ve messed up somewhere. I was expecting Win to see the SSD as it would on bare metal, ie as a Samsung SSD in Dev Manager, and that I could use the Samsung Magician software with it. Instead, it shows up as a QEMU disk, and no matter what settings i try in Virt Manager, or Win, I get terrible mouse lag, making the system unusable.

I made an identical VM setup for testing, using a RAW image file on my Linux SSD (Samsung 850 Pro), and that works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• First part of your story is missing, or its me do not ghet what you try / have done and want to get working.

• Hey Joe,

It’s missing, because I didn’t think it relevant. :-)

I’ve set up a Win 10 VM with GPU Passthrough. Everything seems fine, apart from really bad mouse lag/stutter on the Win 10 guest.

An identical (test) setup using an image file, instead of the whole SSD, doesn’t have the issue.

• @justsomegeek said in Mouse stutter in KVM/QEMU (Win 10) Samsung SSD 830:

Win 10 VM

Is problematic as a real VM install microsoft is offering ready to use images for this use…

mouse63 stutter2 win2 kvmqemu1 Posts 4Views 298
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.