• Firefox 60.0.1 searchbar broken

Greetings,

I can’t seem to get the searchbar to function in FF60, it works great if I downgrade to 59. I can type in the searchbar but cannot hit ENTER or otherwise perform any kind of search. It does not work if I disable all addons and extensions either. The searchbar also does not display a list of results like it does in FF59 when I type.

Anyone have a fix for this?

• Have you tried to change search engine?

• @bryanpwo said in Firefox 60.0.1 searchbar broken:

Have you tried to change search engine?

It won’t let me change search engines. Normally one can click on the small mag glass in the search bar but nothing happens when I do that. I can change them in preferences but that has no effect.

• And reinstalling Firefox? Everything works over here in FF.

• @bryanpwo said in Firefox 60.0.1 searchbar broken:

And reinstalling Firefox? Everything works over here in FF.

Reinstalling does not help. It does work in safe mode but not with all add ons disabled. Very strange, I’ll try delete my config.

• Sorry I’m running out of ideas too. Maybe someone else got this problem too.

• reset settings :

• close firefox
    mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla.old

• start firefox
  • @horga83
    hi! Just to report; i tested my firefox and it’s working fine here.

• The special search bar in Firefox is no longer worked on, and is not enabled by default. Firefox uses the same technology as Chrome these days. It is only if you upgrade from a version WITH a search bar you get one.

• @snailbeard said in Firefox 60.0.1 searchbar broken:

It is only if you upgrade from a version WITH a search bar you get one.

if so it looks like something related to setting/configs maybe hidden like

about:customizing

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/The_about_protocol

• @joekamprad Yep. You can enable / disable it in about:config

• I install Firefox without any present configs, on a fresh installed Antergos Gnome, no probs with the search bar.

firefox35 broken32 searchbar2 60.0.11 Posts 12Views 582
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.