• Uninstall Deepin (Switch to another DE)

I’d like to uninstall Deepin and change to Gnome. Is it possible?

Any recommendation to do it in a clean way without breaking anything? What steps should I follow?
    Give me an advice where to start.

I don’t wanna end up reinstalling the entire system only to change the desktop environment, unless that’s the only way.

Thanks!

• You can install Gome next to Deepin, then afterwards you can remove Deepin with

sudo pacman -Rs deepin

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• I meant Gnome instead of gome☺

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• @bryanpwo I did that. Installer gnome and gnome-extras

I was having some issues with Deepin desktop crashing every time my bluetooth mouse disconnected.
    I’m using an Apple Magic Mouse and sometimes it drops the connection and I had to restart X because of that.

• How does your mouse perform under Gnome?

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

• @bryanpwo Much better. If the connection drops, nothing crashes like in Deepin.

Besides changing to Gnome I deleted my mouse and paired it and connected using bluetoothctl and (since then) haven’t had any issues.

deepin58 switch22 uninstall7 Posts 6Views 454
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.