• xorg-server update causes issues with nvidia propritary drivers

Installed the latest iso and Antergos is again up and running with Nvidia drivers. Only problem is, for the first time with Antergos, there is window tearing and icon glitsches that stay like phantoms on the desktop.

Easy and fast fix for that, or do i move this better to a new topic?

• Maybe you can report this issue over here
    Karasu is working at the moment on cnchi issues. (if it is a cnchi issue)

• Coming soon :)

0_1527816101766_b7e22cd0-2716-4f5a-98d6-1200f3d9bd63-image.png

• @bryanpwo Hi, no i don’t think so. I have found the solution under ‘Avoid screen tearing’ in this wiki page: https://antergos.com/wiki/hardware/graphics/antergos-nvidia-installer-2/

Thanks and thanks to Joe Kamprad.

• @bartatantergos
    I just re-read my answer and I problably got two threads mixed up or there was just something wrong with my coffee that morning😕 😁
    Glad to hear you’ve found the solution.

• I’ve just given a try to 1.20.0-5 on my testing desktop (Antergos + Openbox on nvidia 340.xx). It died after installing proprietary drivers. :)

By the way: nvidia-installer -n helped, however I had to uninstall nvidia-340xx-utils manually before it worked. I’m not sure it it’s expected behavior.

• @piotr said in xorg-server update causes issues with nvidia propritary drivers:

nvidia 340.xx

if http://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/130042/en-us will not be updated to fit latest Xorg, nothing will change on the situation, nvidia say latest 340 is: 340.106 and no news about any update.

• @joekamprad This is just my testing machine, a really ancient one. Shame on them, however. But the real problem is that 1.20.0-5 brought no improvement to my optimus laptop.

• It is wayland what will bring improvement, somwhere in the future…

• @joekamprad said in xorg-server update causes issues with nvidia propritary drivers:

It is wayland what will bring improvement, somwhere in the future…

Do you really think we got stuck on 1.19?

• @piotr
    For older cards, 1.19 is the final stop. If nvidia 340xx will get an update ( and that’s a big if) it will be problably used for future legacy cards that now run 390XX. That’s my guess on it.

• @bryanpwo said in xorg-server update causes issues with nvidia propritary drivers:

For older cards, 1.19 is the final stop.

Ermmm… My GeForce 930M is still on 396 branch. I expect it to work or I’ll never ever buy any more Nvidia stuff.

• @piotr
    I meant legacy cards that work on 340xx drivers, for them xorg-server 1.19 is the final stop.

• @bryanpwo said in xorg-server update causes issues with nvidia propritary drivers:

I meant legacy cards that work on 340xx drivers

I know. However, my quite new card still crashes with the current xorg- version, that’s what I mean.

• now, with nouveau drivers, i’m locked on a 1024x768 resolution instead of 1280x1024
    f-_-
    any advices?

• @quimkaos open a new one for your nouveau issue ;)

• @joekamprad no need… one of my cat’s many excursions to the back of the PC got the video cable slightly of set… full resolution regain… (OYG the shaaaame!)

• @quimkaos cat’s do that (may they know wha also) 😽

• So even cats can detect nvidia, probably the smell? ;)

nvidia149 issues83 causes6 xorg-server3 Posts 177Views 8348
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.