• NVIDIA GTX 570 hangs @ boot with NVIDIA drivers

Hi everyone,

I can only boot into the desktop GUI when i install the OS using the generic drivers, when i tried to install the propietry drivers via the installer and even from the terminal using the nvidia-installer-2 guide

the system then hangs at [OK] Reach target Graphical Interface

I plan to use this system for video editing and gaming on the Deepin desktop so the nvidia drivers are critical for me.

Any help is much appreciated and as a newbie to Arch linux i imagine theres something i may have missed.

Regards

• It seems we need to join some thread in a common one like “issues with Nvidia cards after xorg 1.20 update”. @moderators

• thats one of the cards recently where excluded from latest nvidia driver and gone to legacy last suppoprted driver is 390.59

This is not jet implemented in Antergos nvidia-installer database.

And on experience of some users it is also related to latest xorg-server update that the 390xx driver package (from Archlinux Repository) is not working at the current state… as it is still on 390.48-4 and not working with latest xorg-server…

nvidia161 hangs25 gtx5 5702 Posts 4Views 482
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.