• desktop crashes after login (xfsettingsd crash)

every time i enter my password in my greeter/login, the screen turns into a console and i end up in the greeter again. No “wrong password” or anything. I can login via Cmd+Alt+F2 tho.
    My dmesg log http://www.termbin.com/whq6 suggests, that each time i try to log in xfsettings crashes with error:0 in libglib-2.0.so.0.5600.1.

Take a look at my dmesg log: i tried to log in at 37.720785, 47.901867 and 1152.732640

• [   37.720785] traps: xfsettingsd[728] trap int3 ip:7f046042aed2 sp:7ffe64d1fa40 error:0 in libglib-2.0.so.0.5600.1[7f04603d9000+115000]

thats interesting!

I have no problem loggin at my up to date xfce install…

• but libglib is faulty for sure in some ways:
    journalctl | grep libglib
    https://ptpb.pw/Gnvz

• @aenderboy Same problem here after updating to latest

xf86-video-fbdev, xf86-video-nouveau, xf86-video-vesa, xorg-server

packages using an old 9500gt. Downgrading those packages is a temporary solution for me but we need a better way to solve this.

• @tsiften said in desktop crashes after login (xfsettingsd crash):

xf86-video-nouveau

i am on nvidia propritary drivers…

• @joekamprad said in desktop crashes after login (xfsettingsd crash):

@tsiften said in desktop crashes after login (xfsettingsd crash):

xf86-video-nouveau

i am on nvidia propritary drivers…

Well then the problem doesnt rely in the free/proprietary drivers looks like a problem with libglib. I still have the problem

• Someone in antergos IRC told me to delete my xf86-video-* files. I wasnt sure if I really need them but I gave it a try. antergos-common-meta is needed dependency so I removed it too. That solved the problem for some reason for me

my xf86-video-* files.

not files packages ;)

• @joekamprad dude watevs. did it help your situation?

• xf86-video-** packages are drivers for graficcards… and the only one that will disturb nvidia driver is xf86-video-nouveau

I need to uninstall them as they are depending on xorg-server and i want to downgrade xorg-server, so i do removing them instead of downgrading them 😸

@aenderboy Same problem here after updating to latest

xf86-video-fbdev, xf86-video-nouveau, xf86-video-vesa, xorg-server

packages using an old 9500gt. Downgrading those packages is a temporary solution for me but we need a better way to solve this.

i was using an old 6200gt or similar, too. And i am using nouveau, too.
    My fix was to upgrade to a gtx 710 for 30€…

• @aenderboy said in desktop crashes after login (xfsettingsd crash):

My fix was to upgrade to a gtx 710 for 30€…

I have this one also, running very fine here without any issues (on nvidia drivers) but problematic with nouveau!

• https://forum.antergos.com/topic/9947/xorg-server-noveau-drivers-cause-x-coredumps/3

removing xf86-video-nouveau and loading internal nouveau early from kernel is working here…

login117 crashes30 crash24 xfsettingsd1 Posts 14Views 1491
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.