• Install i3 errors

Hi,

I just wanted to install the i3 WM beside Cinnamon.

With pacman and yaourt I get this error:

:: Retrieving packages ...  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.unitedcolo.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.js-webcoding.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.fau.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.i3d.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.n-ix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.chmuri.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.snt.utwente.nl : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from arch.apt-get.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.tuxdroid.org : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.de.leaseweb.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    warning: failed to retrieve some files  
    error: failed to commit transaction (download library error)  
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Anyone knows something about it? IS the Repo offline or is it just not possible with Antergos?

• Hi,

I just wanted to install the i3 WM beside Cinnamon.

With pacman and yaourt I get this error:

:: Retrieving packages ...  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.unitedcolo.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.js-webcoding.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.fau.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.i3d.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.n-ix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.chmuri.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.snt.utwente.nl : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from arch.apt-get.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.tuxdroid.org : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    error: failed retrieving file 'xcb-util-image-0.3.9-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.de.leaseweb.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found  
    warning: failed to retrieve some files  
    error: failed to commit transaction (download library error)  
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Anyone knows something about it? IS the Repo offline or is it just not possible with Antergos?

• A simple pacman -Syu solved it.

But where is .xinitrc ? Its neither in ~/ nor in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.

edit: nevermind. I can change it while login.

• Hi,

Always run pacman -Syu before installing. Your command was failing because you were trying to install an old version of xcb-util-image as your repository database was old and not updated.

Cheers!

EDIT: I see you managed to do it. I wanted to explain it just for others to understand. Cheers!

Posts 4Views 1618
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.