• Package manager slow

Has anyone else issues with package manager the last days?
    I recognise extremely slow check/download times for packages needed to update.
    To be honest I use now the command-line to update if I see updates on package manager. (DE: MATE)
    (but it’s not that convenient as it was before)
    Could be my personal problem.
    Thanks for responses in advance.
    László

• @gonczollaszlo3

Hi!
    Do you mean slow untill it opens? If so, yes it’s slow. ( I don’t see why pamac developers would want to display all installed packages at launch, this takes time to load, but it’s their decision)

There is a way to “compress” pacman database into one file, but i can’t find the command in my notes neither on the internet. That would make pamac a little faster, not that much though…

For now you could install reflector and reorder mirror by fastest one:

sudo pacman -S reflector

and run reflector:

sudo cp /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.bak; sudo reflector --verbose --age 8 --fastest 128 --latest 64 --number 32 --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Portergos site
    https://github.com/Portergos/portergos-iso

Still in love with Antergos (default OS)
    I3wm

Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @fernandomaroto
    Thank you.
    Meanwhile I’ve got some error messages of a Hungarian-specific package.

antergos is up to date
    error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu : Failed to connect to archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu port 80: No route to host
     core is up to date
    error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu : Failed to connect to archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu port 80: No route to host
     extra is up to date
    error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu : Failed to connect to archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu port 80: No route to host
     community is up to date
    error: failed retrieving file 'multilib.db' from archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu : Failed to connect to archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu port 80: No route to host
     multilib is up to date

Probably there is an issue in my own system.
    I will remove them - 'cause I didn’t use it - and give you a feedback.
    Thanks again: László

• @gonczollaszlo3 said in Package manager slow:

Failed to connect to archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu port 80: No route to host

shows a failing mirror so i recommend to rank your mirrorlists…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• hiba: nem sikerült lekérdezni a ‘core.db’ fájlt archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu nem sikerült csatlakozni a archmirror.hbit.sztaki.hu porthoz 80: Nincs útvonal a gazda számára

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

manager70 slow28 Posts 5Views 197
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.