• Installation questions regarding required information input

So, why is it that the language selected does not correspond with the language showed on the installation?

Last requirement is to write:
    Name
    Computer Name
    User Name

why do we need to put in Name? Should not the User name suffice?

I really do love antergos. But I would like to know why it is like this.

1. Deep-in

Why? Has it not been giving unencrypted user data to China?

• freedom of choice.

If you do not set language on bootup you would install then with US keyboard and english…
    Inside installer you can make a choice to install systemlanguage and keyboard as you like.

I know they are othe installer doing this in nother way, but it is working for every different wishes, and thats a main goal of cnchi installer, it allows you to setup in many different ways…

On 2. what if you want to put your full Name and there is no option to do so?

deepin is not the deepin-OS itself it is handled by packages from Archlinux repositories.

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    my#repo
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• @joekamprad

1. Well I phrased it very bad. I am sorry.
      The question is, why is it that the location place and not the language that determineds the OS language when installed.

I for instance always want English, but I still live in Sweden. I think the majority would prefer the language and not location to become the OS language.

I think that the name should be optional. As it seems it is, but I just couldn’t go forward in the installation process.
    There appears a blue exclamation mark when not placing a name.
    But a red exclamation mark with the text “you have to write a computer name”, when not placing a computer name. This seems to indicate that there should and was an intention for NAME to be optional.

Forwarding this remark. Why is it that I do not login with the USERNAME instead it uses COMPUTER NAME? I use gnome.

• @svartsol said in Installation questions regarding required information input:

I think the majority would prefer the language and not location to become the OS language.

thats true… i do not get this as i choose same same on install…

May it is not easely possible to have this Name settings optional… but yes would be nice to have it optional.

And here i never get the login as Computername …

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    my#repo
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• Well I phrased it very bad. I am sorry.
    The question is, why is it that the location place and not the language that determineds the OS language when installed.
    I for instance always want English, but I still live in Sweden. I think the majority would prefer the language and not location to become the OS language.

The installer needs to know your locale settings, that are determined by location (for instance, if you use the metric system or not, …)

We could do a very tedious configuration were the user needs to enter all this information, but we thought it was better to pick it up by location.

The misunderstanding here comes from:

1. First language selection screen is just for the Installer language. It has nothing to do with the final system language. Maybe we should make this clearer.
    2. As I explained, location determines your locale. You need to choose your desired locale by location. Most of the time will be the same place where you live, but as you discovered it’s not necessary true in all scenarios.

We’re open for suggestions 😉

• @joekamprad Well that is true. I forgot that I get the NAME and not USERNAME, as a login. But it was easy to change the login name, which is NAME by default. I changed it to USERNAME as I think that should be the default login name.

installation250 required9 information5 regarding1 Posts 6Views 106
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.