• Xfce installation and some missing pieces...

Hi! I just performed an Antergos installation in a VM (VMWare) to give it a go. I chose Xfce as the desktop to install and not much else (from the advanced view of features just Chromium to have some browser installed).

Everything went well, I got a functioning system in the end but there are a couple of things that could be improved so I’d like to report them.

It seems the default Numix theming is not applied on an Xfce installation, it is installed, but not applied; so the end user doesn’t see the nice UI they would if they chose Gnome for example.

0_1526137152346_No Numix by default.png

The other thing is that apparently there’s some package missing related to PNG rendering, or something funny is going on because some PNG files are not being rendered even though the latest version of the library is installed. And some icons seems not to be… Numix-like, I don’t know how to put it better, maybe there are no equivalent, or maybe they’re like that, I’m attaching another screenshot so you can hopefully see what I mean (that “Balou” logo is PNG for example, or the start logo that’s missing too).

0_1526136686611_No PNG rendering.png
    0_1526136725445_Some icons don't seem to be Numix-like so to speak.png

And lastly, the default terminal doesn’t seem to respect the systemwide config regarding fonts by default. I attached a screenshot so you can see it better but the default configuration is a 10 point font yet it uses a 12 point one, I’d say a sane default would be to tick that box right below that makes it follow system settings, but that’s just my 2 cents.

0_1526136749843_Terminal doesn't respect systemwide settings.png

If there’s anything you’d like me to try, just let me know.

• default configs for Antergos XFCE are still not fully omplemented, and all ideas are welcome!

installation289 xfce78 missing50 pieces1 Posts 2Views 295
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.