• Favorite bar / Dash To Dock forgets icons

I switched from Plasma to Gnome this morning and ran into one (1) problem:
    Every time I start the computer about one third of the icons on the dock are default icons while the rest is in the installed Icon Theme I’m using.
    To get them back I either have to switch back and forth with any icon theme (all of them work when set manually) or force the computer to update the system in some other way (running pacman -Syu is enough for it to reload the icons correctly, for some reason).

Any idea what’s going on? I have tried to google it and I have found zero other people with the same problem.

• sorry never see this here… Do you switch be a reinstall of system or adding gnome onto the same install?
    How do you do the change?

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• @joekamprad said in Favorite bar / Dash To Dock forgets icons:

sorry never see this here… Do you switch be a reinstall of system or adding gnome onto the same install?

Well this is very weird.
    I switched from LightDM (with GDM greeter) to GDM, and it works.
    But GDM makes Gnome very sluggish instead… I have 8Gb of ram and an i7 8 core processor. GDM shouldn’t be able to mess with Gnome at all…

sorry never see this here… Do you switch be a reinstall of system or adding gnome onto the same install?

Oh and forgot: I installed them parallel, then uninstalled Plasma.

• gnome xorg session ?

how to add system logs:

gnome xorg session ?

…Seems snappier. Definitely.
    Noob question: Is there any downside to use this instead of wayland? Again though, LightDM used Wayland as well, but Gnome felt snappier then.

Weird indeed.

• depending on graphics hardware and drivers… it can work or not at all with wayland…

how to add system logs:

depending on graphics hardware and drivers… it can work or not at all with wayland…

I have dual graphic cards, but I only use the Intel one (on purpose) since I am dual booting with W10 for gaming anyway. I can get the NVIDIA drivers to work, but not well (GPU locks at 80% or more even in desktop mode so it gets really hot even when not gaming). Besides only about 10% of my games work on Linux.

ANYWAY, it seems to work better after YARB (yet anothe reboot). Back on Wayland, and it’s fine ATM.
    SO the big mystery is “why did LightDM decide to bug out”.

• @joekamprad
    Ah. I think I know the symptom if not the cause now:

It’s XORG.

Basically when I was running LightDM, it defaulted to XORG (I wasn’t paying attention to it).
    Switching to GDM it automatically sets Wayland as default.

When I switched to Gnome On Xorg this morning the icons was all screwed up again, but logging back in using Wayland they were fine.

So now I understand what it’s doing. I don’t understand WHY, but that’s a minor problem.

dock17 dash14 favorite8 bar8 Posts 9Views 258
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.