[[email protected] ~]$ sudo pacman -Su
    :: Starting full system upgrade...
    resolving dependencies...
    looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (3) cmake-3.11.1-1  js52-52.7.3-2  python2-2.7.15-1

Total Installed Size:  151.09 MiB
    Net Upgrade Size:        0.28 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
    (3/3) checking keys in keyring                                                                            [###############################################################] 100%
    (3/3) checking package integrity                                                                          [###############################################################] 100%
    (3/3) loading package files                                                                               [###############################################################] 100%
    (3/3) checking for file conflicts                                                                         [###############################################################] 100%
    error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
    js52: /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0 exists in filesystem
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
    [[email protected] ~]$ 

Any ideas what’s going on here? Thank you in advance for all the time and help, it is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Asif

• Also experiencing the same update error as Asif.

Thanks,
    GM

• Hi,

Due to the SONAME of /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so not matching its file name, ldconfig created an untracked file /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0. This is now fixed and both files are present in the package.

To pass the upgrade, remove /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0 prior to upgrading.

From www.archlinux.org

Cheers!

• @karasu

Very cool, thanks for taking the time to update this karasu. Much appreciated!

GM

• After removing /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0 and re-running an update check, oddly the system shows as updated. So the previous failed updates didn’t re-appear.

After a first reboot, I was greeted with a black wall and cursor.

For anyone who may experience similar, simply boot into a tty (ctrl/alt/f2) at that black screen, enter your username and password, and re-install your current kernel.

Since I’m using the linux-lts kernel, my command was

sudo pacman -Su linux-lts

This should help complete any previously failed update attempt. After reboot, you should be able to login as normal.

GM

• Just for the sake of noobness. Is it possilbe to get the full input line for removal in terminal?

There are a lot of us, willing and trying to learn.

…and yeah, I did remove it, but it was one of those things tha was odd.

• @mrecks

Sure, there’s a bunch of ways to do that easily.

I’ll give you a couple ways, you chose…

1. In a terminal window,
    sudo rm -f /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0

1. Install the program “wipe”, and in a terminal window,
    sudo wipe -r /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0

1. Access your root file manager, and manually navigate to the file /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0

**Be very careful if you chose this method, because potential missteps could obviously cause some extra work to recover your system boot.

GM

• @greenmartian said in js52: /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0 exists in filesystem:

After removing /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0 and re-running an update check, oddly the system shows as updated. So the previous failed updates didn’t re-appear.

After a first reboot, I was greeted with a black wall and cursor.

For anyone who may experience similar, simply boot into a tty (ctrl/alt/f2) at that black screen, enter your username and password, and re-install your current kernel.

Since I’m using the linux-lts kernel, my command was

sudo pacman -Su linux-lts

This should help complete any previously failed update attempt. After reboot, you should be able to login as normal.

GM

Omg, it’s scaring! :)
    Just for this stupid file I should reinstall the kernel?

Since I’m not on LTS, plese, would you suggest my command in case of need?

• Hi,

This didn’t happened here. Something else must have gone wrong for @GreenMartian

Please, everyone, run sudo pacman -Syu after removing that file and check that everything updates fine before rebooting.

Cheers!

• @fabio Just use option 1, and then install as usual using pamac.

Easy peacy!

• Seems that old /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0 and /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so had symlinks twisted, now they are fixing it.
    You can remove both, and then update normally.

• Thanks guys, that fixed the issue (rm the file). =)

• @greenmartian said in js52: /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0 exists in filesystem:

sudo rm -f /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0

I deleted as suggested and all is working flawlessly.
    Love you all

• Announcements:
    News, Package & Security Advisories, and other important information from the development team.

It is i good one to check this section if problems on updating system will happen.

We will provide known issues as fast as possible 🖖🏻

• Hi all.
    How about the solution suggested here?
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/9808/error-al-actualizar-js52-52-7-3-2/2
    It s the one I saw immediately after the issue occured and used it flawlessly. Should I also go on removing the said file?
    Thanks

• @anarch No, one way is enough. Either force the update (easier), or remove the two files and normal update.

• @karasu

You’re right, something else mush have occured in my scenario. After removing the file, and re-checking updates through pamac, it showed that my system was up-to-date. I thought that was wierd, as the original updates failed and then there were…no updates. A “duh” moment for sure, where I never thought to run an update check via terminal before rebooting.

Sorry guys & gals, I wasn’t really trying to make a small glitch seem like such a big deal!

Glad to see you’re all saucing it out just fine. 😗

GM

• Just to make a point, I think there were two files that needed to be removed:

sudo rm /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0
    sudo rm /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so

since the symlink was originally the other way around than it should have been.

The --force option probably removed both before update (didn’t check that though).

• So after the update files should look like this:

$ ls -l /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so*
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       16  4. 5. 18:13 /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so -> libmozjs-52.so.0
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 21711240  4. 5. 18:13 /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0
    $

Note the symlink. If you have no symlink, or otherwise doesn’t look like this, then something may be wrong, and reinstall of package js52 may be needed:

sudo pacman -S js52

filesystem6 js525 exists4 Posts 30Views 20160
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.