• ASUS ROG GL552VW install problems

Hi everyone!

First of all congratulate both the community and the developers of Antergos. A great distribution, but I had problems trying to install it on this laptop (ASUS ROG GL552VW).

I already had problems in distributions based on Debian, but I solved it by adding some parameters in the command line:

nouveau.modeset = 0 tpm_tis.interrupts = 0 acpi_osi = Linux i915.preliminary_hw_support = 1 idle = nomwait

In this case, I tried the same, but it has not worked:

nomodeset nouveau.modeset = 0 tpm_tis.interrupts = 0 acpi_osi =! acpi_backlight = native i915.preliminary_hw_support = 1 idle = nomwait

I have combined these parameters in different ways, but I have not succeeded.

Could you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance and greetings!

• Muchas gracias por la respuesta Manuel!

I entered those parameters in NVIDIA Fallback (includes “nomodeset nouveau.nomedeset = 0”) and in generic, but it did not work.

I will try to find more about these parameters and with another pendrive.

• @tairab455
    To clarify, are you able to boot with the Antergos installer USB stick, or is the problem with booting to the installed Antergos?

Y lamento no responder en español, tengo que usar el traductor de Google porque no hablo español …

• Sorry for exposing the problem so badly. Yes, the problem was when trying boot from usb stick, a black screen appeared.

Finally I solved it by adding “i915.modeset = 1” in NVIDIA Fallback.

@manuel said in ASUS ROG GL552VW install problems:

Y lamento no responder en español, tengo que usar el traductor de Google porque no hablo español …

Don’t worry, you’ve been a great help, and it’s me who speaks bad English

Thanks for your help.

• @tairab455
    Great to hear that you solved it!
    And by the way your English is perfect. :)

asus17 rog3 gl552vw1 Posts 6Views 443
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.