Hello,
I had quite a large number of updates yesterday and they installed fine. As I recall there were some Updates for Gnome, as well as Nvidia and a new Kernel. Today I discovered it cannot display chinese/japanese characters anymore.
0_1525199202764_chinese.png
It is happening in every installed browser and even on the UI as you can see on the Window Title. I tried in Firefox, Vivaldi and even Chromium.
I tried some solutions with changing language display for firefox I found on Stackoverflow, but nothing helped.

Anyone have a solution or an idea what happened here? I need asian characters quite a lot…

Some System Information:

[[email protected] ~]$ inxi -Fxxc0
System:    Host: Antergos Kernel: 4.16.5-1-ARCH x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 7.3.1 
           Desktop: Gnome 3.28.1 dm: gdm,lightdm Distro: Arch Linux 
Machine:   Type: Laptop System: LENOVO product: 24476J7 v: ThinkPad W530 serial: N/A Chassis: 
           type: 10 serial: N/A 
           Mobo: LENOVO model: 24476J7 serial: N/A UEFI [Legacy]: LENOVO v: G5ET98WW (2.58 ) 
           date: 04/01/2014 
CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-3740QM bits: 64 type: MT MCP 
           arch: Ivy Bridge rev: 9 L2 cache: 6144 KiB 
           flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 43119 
           Speed: 1197 MHz min/max: 1200/3700 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1197 2: 1199 3: 1197 
           4: 1197 5: 1309 6: 1199 7: 1664 8: 1199 
Graphics:  Card-1: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 
           chip ID: 8086:0166 
           Card-2: NVIDIA GK107GLM [Quadro K2000M] driver: nvidia v: 390.48 bus ID: 01:00.0 
           chip ID: 10de:0ffb 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.19.6 driver: intel compositor: gnome-shell 
           resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz, VIRTUAL5.739-1920x1080~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Ivybridge Mobile v: 4.2 Mesa 18.0.1 compat-v: 3.0 
           direct render: Yes 
Audio:     Card-1: Intel 7 Series/C216 Family High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
           v: kernel bus ID: 00:1b.0 chip ID: 8086:1e20 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.16.5-1-ARCH 
Network:   Card-1: Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection driver: e1000e v: 3.2.6-k port: 6080 
           bus ID: 00:19.0 chip ID: 8086:1502 
           IF: enp0s25 state: down mac: 3c:97:0e:9f:82:f3 
           Card-2: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel bus ID: 03:00.0 
           chip ID: 8086:4238 
           IF: wlp3s0 state: up mac: 3c:a9:f4:33:9f:98 
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 1.36 TiB used: 891.31 GiB (63.8%) 
           ID-1: /dev/sda model: HGST_HTS725050A7 size: 465.76 GiB serial: TF655AWHGN9ELL 
           ID-2: /dev/sdb type: USB model: External_USB_3.0 size: 931.51 GiB 
           serial: 20151223025116F 
Partition: ID-1: / size: 46.68 GiB used: 21.03 GiB (45.1%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2 
           ID-2: /boot size: 1022.2 MiB used: 56.9 MiB (5.6%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1 
           ID-3: /home size: 406.53 GiB used: 110.47 GiB (27.2%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda3 
           ID-4: swap-1 size: 3.89 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda5 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 58.0 C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (RPM): cpu: 3293 
Info:      Processes: 280 Uptime: 8m Memory: 7.36 GiB used: 2.11 GiB (28.6%) Init: systemd 
           v: 238 Compilers: gcc: 7.3.1 Shell: bash v: 4.4.19 running in: gnome-terminal 
           inxi: 3.0.07