• \[MATE\] artwork suggestions and a little issue

Hello friends of the Antegrgos forum I am Sergio and I came here with a suggestion for your Numix frost themes, please add a metacity /marco window decorations to the frost and frost light gtk themes and please make the default mate install use the Numix frost light gtk theme and decoration with the Numix square icon theme, the desktop scheme must be mintmenu with all its translations firefox launcher show desktop movie player launcher (I recommend totem) task manager and a port of the Ubuntu’s complete indicators menu as systray if you can’t only use the mate’s systray and the clock; finaly the issue is about the mate-mint-menu package, I have installed mate one time and I tried to install that package but the installation has failied

Suggested apps to install

Totem (movie player)
    Rhythmbox (music player)
    Firefox (web browser)
    Empathy (IM)
    Polari (IRC)
    xfburn
    Asounder
    gnome calculator
    Mintmmenu (customized to look like the mint’s default schegdule)
    Gnome contacts
    all the default MATE’s apps like the mate disk utility mate system monitor caja pluma etc

• Hello friends of the Antegrgos forum I am Sergio and I came here with a suggestion for your Numix frost themes, please add a metacity /marco window decorations to the frost and frost light gtk themes and please make the default mate install use the Numix frost light gtk theme and decoration with the Numix square icon theme, the desktop scheme must be mintmenu with all its translations firefox launcher show desktop movie player launcher (I recommend totem) task manager and a port of the Ubuntu’s complete indicators menu as systray if you can’t only use the mate’s systray and the clock; finaly the issue is about the mate-mint-menu package, I have installed mate one time and I tried to install that package but the installation has failied

Suggested apps to install

Totem (movie player)
    Rhythmbox (music player)
    Firefox (web browser)
    Empathy (IM)
    Polari (IRC)
    xfburn
    Asounder
    gnome calculator
    Mintmmenu (customized to look like the mint’s default schegdule)
    Gnome contacts
    all the default MATE’s apps like the mate disk utility mate system monitor caja pluma etc

• Hi,

What method did you use to install MATE? In order to get MATE along with our default configuration and settings you would have to install using our installer. If you added MATE to an existing system by using pacman you will get the default upstream MATE configuration instead.

Cheers!

• pacman but numix frost has not metacity decoration

• Hi,

I will look into the metacity decoration. Like I mentioned previously, installing a desktop via pacman will not give you the same result as installing from our installer. We are considering different options for making it possible to get our desktop configurations outside of the installer in a future release.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• Cool I thank you so much; I recommend you use this default configurations the Numix frost light gtk theme and the pannel schegdule after the installation; PS about that do you have checked the mate-mint-menu package? I whant it

• @“lots.0.logs”:1gr0dsq5 said:

Hi,

I will look into the metacity decoration. Like I mentioned previously, installing a desktop via pacman will not give you the same result as installing from our installer. We are considering different options for making it possible to get our desktop configurations outside of the installer in a future release.

Best Regards,
    Dustin[/quote:1gr0dsq5]

I had suspected this,but It would be nice to have your default desktop configs for all major DEs,available post installation.I had installed gnome from the installer but when I moved to xfce later,I realised that it was the default from the arch repo which kind of dissapointed me a little.

Posts 7Views 1352