• Wallpaper issues

Running Antergos Deepin and it’s working great so far, but there are some minor annoyances. One in particular that I haven’t been able to solve yet is the wallpapers.

If I download a random image of the web and use “Set as wallpaper”, it shows up fine as a wallpaper, BUT on the lockscreen / shutdown screen it’s either completely black or it just overlays the buttons on my regular desktop, looking completely broken.

If I right click the desktop and select a wallpaper from the pre-installed ones, everything works fine. I’ve tried several different formats (jpg, png and such), no difference. Also tried a couple of different resolutions. So, what differs with the pre-installed wallpapers?

By the way, I tried setting a custom wallpaper and then right clicking desktop -> set wallpaper -> selecting a wallpaper and the option “set for lock screen only”. Didn’t help, lockscreen is still black as long as my regular wallpaper is a custom one.

Any ideas?

PS! While I’m at it, I’d like to point out that the Antergos themes wallpapers is something I’d like to use, but they are SO low res / bad quality, it just looks super blurry and with compression artifacts vs the deepin ones, completely unusable if you are using a screen bigger than 800x600 or so.

• Hi,

I don’t use Deepin myself, so I hope someone else jumps in.

I wanted to talk about this:

While I’m at it, I’d like to point out that the Antergos themes wallpapers is something I’d like to use, but they are SO low res / bad quality, it just looks super blurry and with compression artifacts vs the deepin ones, completely unusable if you are using a screen bigger than 800x600 or so.

Most of the wallpapers are big enough to be shown in a hires screen for sure (I recall there are two images that are just 1024x768, but the rest are much bigger).

You can check antergos-wallpapers, antergos-wallpapers-extra and antergos-wallpapers-deepin packages.

Look for the images in /usr/share/antergos

There must be something else wrong in your setup.

• About the wallpaper issue, I checked the files and it mostly boils down to the Antergos backgrounds being 1920x1080 while the deepin ones are 4k (using them on 3440x1440 monitor myself). BUT, even with that said, the general quality of the images is quite blurry and low quality. Here is an example cutout of a 500x500 antergos vs deepin wallpaper that shows the different in sharpness.

alt text

Anyway, I’m sidetracking a bit. The issue at hand is that the images don’t work on the lock / shutdown screen at all :). Maybe I just need some higher res ones.

• Just a followup on this. I recently reinstalled the same setup on new hardware, this time with a radeon gpu instead of nvidia, and now the wallpaper issue is gone. I’m guessing it’s some nvidia specific issue, possibly even with that specific gpu I used. Anyway, works fine now :).

I do still think the Antergos wallpapers included should be in 4k resolution, they are a LOT blurrier and have compression artifacts compared to the deeping wallpapers.

• A suggestion for you on wallpaper here.

• any fix for this yet?

issues86 wallpaper21 Posts 6Views 402
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.