• Cant open PIM Event Plugin configuration for clock widget

I would like to see event from Google calendar in my clock taskbar widget.
    For this I installed korganizer configured google account. After that install kdepim-addons.
    But now I can’t open PIM Event Plugin configuration for clock widget. When I click its tab icon it changes title of configuration but content is not updated, so i can’t configure what calendars should be used.
    ![0_1524815375884_Screenshot_20180427_104907.png](Uploading 99%)

• @taurohtar said in Cant open PIM Event Plugin configuration for clock widget:

picture not loaded…

• @joekamprad said in Cant open PIM Event Plugin configuration for clock widget:

@taurohtar said in Cant open PIM Event Plugin configuration for clock widget:

picture not loaded…

And it doesn’t give me possibility.
    It says some spam.

• @joekamprad said in Cant open PIM Event Plugin configuration for clock widget:

picture not loaded…

Plus every time I’m editing post and trying to update it it say connection to forum lost and my update is not saved.
    I don’t know whether other have the same bad experience.
    Here is screenshot necessary for my first port.
    Screenshot

• editing posts is not possible caused by a bug…
    I just give you same likes, so spam detection will let you post urls now.

• @joekamprad I tried this on new VM and see the same symptoms.
    It looks like some issue. But where to report it?

Google calendar

is working only parttimes… and often breaks if you try using it into apps outside google imperium.

I do not use plasma so i can not follow on what you want to do here fully…

@taurohtar said in Cant open PIM Event Plugin configuration for clock widget:

Google calendar

is working only parttimes… and often breaks if you try using it into apps outside google imperium.

I do not use plasma so i can not follow on what you want to do here fully…

Newer had issues with it and I have Antergos system that runs for 1 year.
    Maybe latest changes caused that. Going to get back home tomorrow and try to upgrade this old system and see whether it is reproducible on it.
    I just want to have events from google calendar displayed in my KDE applet like on screenshot below(it is fresh VM with Kubuntu 18.04)
    0_1524895749300_Screenshot_20180428_090652.png

system that runs for 1 year

Then you was maybe lucky that it do not break in that time…

As i say i am not into plasma, so my help is not that good here…

What i would try first is to watch live output of the journal, hopefully it say something related to your problem.
    journalctl -f
    May there are libs missing or broken…
    Also possible to get past journal filtered with grep journalctl | grep kdepim or any other comes to your mind …

• i see also this: kdepim-meta a kdepim meta package with all dependencies needed -

• I got the same PIM problem but associated with syncing KOrganizer , and I just tried and failed the kdepim meta package.

Google Calander syncing issues I can understand to some extent, but within KDE Plasma it gets a tad silly.

• Today updated my old system.
    Amongst packages there were new akonadi 18.04 that handless all this stuff related to calendars and events for Korgamizer and kdepim.
    After update the same symptoms. Maybe new akonadi caused this.
    Also tried to debug little bit with akonadictl in verbose mode and noticed that when Korganizer syncs something there is some output saying that some specific event happened. But with clock widget there is no even 1 line of output.

• Did you change your clock to Event Calendar?
    You can get the Event Calendar Widget from Widget selection. Maybe you will have to add it to the list yourself. Click on ‘Get New Widgets’ and look for the Event Calendar widget.

Right click on your clock and choose ‘alternative’. The Event Calendar should show up in the alternative list.

In the Calendar settings, you can then connect your Google account directly. No need for the PIM suite. Akonadi is too heavy on resources.

• Something went wrong when trying to add a screenshot. Here it is:0_1525060520906_Screenshot_20180430_125104.png

• @axioma Thanks to pointing me to this new widget. I didn’t knew about it.
    Agree on akonadi, if I know this widget earlier I would not use it. Now can completely remove Akonadi and Korganizer.

• @taurohtar Glad that it works.

• @axioma

Can you give a link to your conky configuration? I liked it!

• @fernandomaroto
    To be honest, I copied the conky from MX-17 Linux.
    Credits should go to the Semplice Team and MX team I guess.

This is the link to the Drive folder.

Hope this works for you.

• @axioma said in Cant open PIM Event Plugin configuration for clock widget:

@fernandomaroto
    To be honest, I copied the conky from MX-17 Linux.
    Credits should go to the Semplice Team and MX team I guess.

This is the link to the Drive folder.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks! I’m gonna check it right now.

clock10 plugin3 event2 pim1 Posts 21Views 1023
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.