• Cannot install Antergos, gets stuck in usb errors

I made bootable Antergos 18.04 usb using Rufus on Windows and dd on Ubuntu, but in both cases very soon after selecting Antergos x86_64 boot option, I get repeating usb errors.

I took a video of the problem.

This PC where I attempted to use Antergos currently runs Ubuntu. Specs include Ryzen 1700 and Asus X370-Pro with second-to-latest version of BIOS/UEFI.

• @keeperb5 said in Cannot install Antergos, gets stuck in usb errors:

Ryzen 1700

can you check if you can disable iommu in BIOS ?

• https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/IOMMU_SWIOTLB
    If not you can do this also on the kernel boot line at boot menu…

• Thank you. Unfortunately disabling IOMMU had no effect. But I wouldn’t want it disabled because I like to run virtual machines.

• Because of the USB errors, i can not read anything from your video ;)

But i would try to use etcher under windows to burn the ISO to USB, and make sure you but the usb stick to a usb2 port (some usb3 ports are known to make problems)

• and make sure usb stick is o.k. may try another one…
    And it is strictly nessesarry to disable secure boot inside EFI/BIOS firmware!

• It basically repeats following two messages with slight variations.
    usb 5-3: 21:0 cannot get min/max values for control 5 …
    usb 5-3: cannot get ctl values: …

USB stick is not the problem here, it works fine as Ubuntu Live CD. This motherboard does not have any USB 2.0, only 3.0 and 3.1.

On occasion I can briefly see Antergos Gnome shell before these usb errors begin flashing on the screen.

• I’ve now also tried the latest Arch and Manjaro iso images.

While both do display several usb 5-3 errors on startup, they do not get stuck in an infinite error loop like Antergos does.

• It is known that some users get problems booting installer from usb3, if you get an CD-ROM drive I would try that.

• @keeperb5 said in Cannot install Antergos, gets stuck in usb errors:

I’ve now also tried the latest Arch and Manjaro iso images.
    While both do display several usb 5-3 errors on startup, they do not get stuck in an infinite error loop like Antergos does.

Maybe plymouth related? I don’t believe manjaro team uses it, just a theory though…

usb104 stuck42 gets3 Posts 10Views 497
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.