• \[SOLVED\] UEFI Live USB won't boot

Using the 2014.6.24 release on a usb stick (created simply with dd from the iso), I am not able to boot in UEFI mode on my laptop. (Asus UX31A)

I get to the initial boot menu, but then when selecting the first option, the screen blanks for a second and then the system reboots.

Booting in legacy mode works fine. (But this is not convenient for installation because this system does not have the option to boot from the hard disk in legacy mode

• Using the 2014.6.24 release on a usb stick (created simply with dd from the iso), I am not able to boot in UEFI mode on my laptop. (Asus UX31A)

I get to the initial boot menu, but then when selecting the first option, the screen blanks for a second and then the system reboots.

Booting in legacy mode works fine. (But this is not convenient for installation because this system does not have the option to boot from the hard disk in legacy mode

• Hi,

Have to tried disabling Secure Boot and Fast Startup? If that doesn’t help, you should try to boot using a CD/DVD. It utilizes a different method than when the image is written to USB.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• Ok,
    In fact I tried it from a different usb stick and it works now.

Not sure what was going on before.

Posts 4Views 2452