• Why no updates recently

I used to get notices everyday of available updates, sometimes several in one day. In the last several weeks I haven’t received any. I find it hard to believe that suddenly nothing has been updated for weeks. Is this a valid concern?

• No there was a lot updates… last one for kernel …

• www.kernel.org says the latest stable kernek is 4.16.3. When I run uname -r I get 4.15.11-1-ARCH. If I look at the package manager, it says the latest kernel available is 4.15.11-1-ARCH, which is the same as my uname -r result.

Is it possible I did something that is causing my system to update in the background and I’m not seeing it update?

• I just ran Pacman in the terminal (sudo pacman -Syu).
    The result was that it wants to download 1177.73 MiB, which will be 5035.61 MiB installed for a change of 59.04 Mib.
    Why would the graphical version of the package updater reporting that the system is up to date?

• when was your last update? there was some users reporting that pamac do not show updates, but do after you manually refresh the databese, by using pacman directly …

so do a full update from terminal will also update pacman and hopefull will solve that bit do not see new updates…

sudo pacman -Syyu

If you are using packages from AUR do:

yaourt -Syyua

• @rpallen said in Why no updates recently:

Why would the graphical version of the package updater reporting that the system is up to date?

pamac is not exactly a graphical version of pacman, as it work different.

• OK and thanks. I am currently running the pacman update but it will take awile since there is more than 1 GB to download. Hopefully this will solve the Pamac problem.

• @rpallen
    It may give you new problems since your last successful update was so long time ago.
    But let’s deal with them if they come up.

• I just ran into this as well. I was told that 206 packages needed updating. I used to get notifications but have not for a while now. What happened?

• I used to get updates through pamac. I was unable to edit my original post. Every time I tried, I got an error saying my connection to the forum appeared to have been lost. Typing a new post from scratch (like this one) does not give me that error.

• @walth said in Why no updates recently:

I used to get updates through pamac. I was unable to edit my original post. Every time I tried, I got an error saying my connection to the forum appeared to have been lost. Typing a new post from scratch (like this one) does not give me that error.

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/9627/i-can-not-edit-my-messages-or-responses-from-the-post

• @judd Ah. Interesting.

• Well, I successfully completed the update and have not experienced any problems despite manuel’s concerns that there might be because of the long time without an update. Only time will tell if Pamac will now work correctly and give me notices when updates are needed.

• @rpallen
    Pamac has had issues before, even quite lately, while most of the time it has been working well.
    But pacman has always been a reliable tool, so in case pamac has problems, pacman should work (although it doesn’t do AUR packages).

• or yaourt with yaourt -Syua for both ;)

• Same problem here and it’s been going on for a while. It works on a virtual machine but not on the host machine. I tried to clear the pacman cache but no difference. I can update via pacman or yaourt. What could be different between the 2 machines that could cause this problem?

• @patlefort
    pamac version should currently be 6.2.7-1, do you have that?
    If not, try updating with

sudo pacman -Syyuu

• I do have pamac version 6.2.7-1.

• @patlefort
    Does pacman -Syyuu help anything? What does it say exactly if you run it?

Maybe the keyring is not OK? There are commands to refresh the keyring, just don’t remember the exact syntax right now.

• I found what the problem is: The directory “/tmp/pamac-checkdbs/sync” didn’t exist and pamac wasn’t able to create his database. /tmp is mounted with tmpfs so of course the directory is deleted on reboot. pamac should check and create his directory properly. It works after creating the directory manually.

updates58 recently2 Posts 40Views 1816
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.