• Same issues with CNCHI not completing installation in 2018 release

Re: Can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue

Hi I have (unfortunately) had to reinstall Antergos with KDE on a shuttle barebones mini pc because I lost some plasma critical files and the desktop was compromised. Anyhow I have come up against this same issue of inability of cnchi to complete installation. I have tried various options including ticking all the mirrors or letting cnchi do it, same result. I noticed as the installation progressed that some files would take a long time to install and at other times cnchi seemed to skip some. I have seen the useful posts here about using the terminal at boot up to bypass cnchi and install from pacman. Can someone explain if this is possible, also is the post from “lots.0.logs” still valid? I copy it below:

lots.0.logs
     Developer

It appears that data corruption is occurring during the copying of a cached package (stored on the ISO) to the install destination. There are a number of possible causes of the problem. If the issue is the fault of Cnchi we hope the upcoming release will resolve it. For now you can avoid the issue entirely by closing the installer when it starts at boot and then run the following from a terminal:
    sudo cnchi -d -v -c /install/var/cache/pacman/pkg

Many thanks

• @philipmirabelli
    I don’t have the installer now available, but the parameters of the cnchi command seem to be OK. The only thing I cannot check right now is if the directory /install/var/cache/pacman/pkg is correct, that it contains cached packages.

But probably you can check the directory path e.g. with the terminal shell before starting the installation.

• @manuel Ok thanks I will check later and post the result!

• @philipmirabelli said in Same issues with CNCHI not completing installation in 2018 release:

sudo cnchi -d -v -c /install/var/cache/pacman/pkg

on live-iso:

ls /install/var/cache/pacman/pkg

gives no such file or directory…

But as the text says: “data corruption is occurring during the copying of a cached package (stored on the ISO)”
    why giving cnchi the command to use the chached packages should solve this?

may thread was older? and there was such folder before ?

• Thanks joekamprat, I will try again to install live iso and will post log files, so perhaps a solution can be found, thanks again!

• @joekamprad said in Same issues with CNCHI not completing installation in 2018 release:

/var/cache/pacman/pkg

usually cache is: /var/cache/pacman/pkg and this folder exist on live-iso, but may it was a workaround to use an empty folder, so that no cache packages where aviable…

• @joekamprad I managed to install antergos after three or so attempts I simply let chnchi install, when it got to the mirrirs gui I selected my own nearest to UK and let it go on and it installed correctly, so I guess its a mirrors issue. Also I reset pacman conf with standard mirrors but couldnt get it to work…

installation289 cnchi154 issues86 completing1 Posts 7Views 688
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.