• No sound in wine pipelight (Cinnamon)

okay so I was able to install antergos onto my system without issue and decided to use cinnamon as my de.
    Now all seems okay but after intalling piplelight I cannot play any sound in it.
    It uses alsa yes but I cannot see the audio output in pavucontrols nor does it seem to work.
    I kind of need it to as I would like to watch netflix on my desktop, I got firefox and user asgent overrider so I am able to see the videos I just cant hear them.

Edit: nevermind figured it out, I needed to install lib32-libpulse to get it working, it did not come as a dependency for some reason (dont know why, very odd)
    But keep this topic around as it may help someone else with simular issues.

• okay so I was able to install antergos onto my system without issue and decided to use cinnamon as my de.
    Now all seems okay but after intalling piplelight I cannot play any sound in it.
    It uses alsa yes but I cannot see the audio output in pavucontrols nor does it seem to work.
    I kind of need it to as I would like to watch netflix on my desktop, I got firefox and user asgent overrider so I am able to see the videos I just cant hear them.

Edit: nevermind figured it out, I needed to install lib32-libpulse to get it working, it did not come as a dependency for some reason (dont know why, very odd)
    But keep this topic around as it may help someone else with simular issues.

• Hi, MadmanRb,

@“MadmanRB”:cvwhkzp8 said:

It uses alsa yes but I cannot see the audio output in pavucontrols nor does it seem to work.[/quote:cvwhkzp8]

I think it’s convenient that you have installed pulseaudio-alsa and alsa-utils.

sudo pacman -S pulseaudio-alsa alsa-utils

To install lib32-libpulse and lib32-alsa-plugins if you run a x86_64 system and want to have sound for 32-bit multilib programs like Wine, Skype and Steam.

\# pacman -S lib32-libpulse lib32-alsa-plugins

Best Regards,

Héctor.

Posts 3Views 1339
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.