• Kde install broken. "Can't install necessary packages"

Hello,
    I can’t install Antergos with Kde, using antergos-2014.06.24-x86_64.iso.
    Here is end of “cnchi.log”

[2014-07-08 22:15:07] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding os-prober to transaction  
    [2014-07-08 22:15:07] [pac.py] DEBUG: Finalize transaction...  
    [2014-07-08 22:15:07] [slides.py] INFO: Resolving dependencies...  
    [2014-07-08 22:15:07] [pac.py] WARNING: dependency cycle detected:  

[2014-07-08 22:15:07] [pac.py] WARNING: harfbuzz will be installed before its freetype2 dependency  

[2014-07-08 22:15:07] [pac.py] WARNING: lib32-harfbuzz will be installed before its lib32-freetype2 dependency  

[2014-07-08 22:15:07] [slides.py] INFO: Checking inter conflicts...  
    [2014-07-08 22:15:07] [slides.py] INFO: Checking and loading packages... (737 targets)  
    [2014-07-08 22:16:43] [slides.py] INFO: Checking file conflicts...  
    [2014-07-08 22:16:43] [slides.py] INFO: Checking and loading packages... (737 targets)  
    [2014-07-08 22:17:04] [pac.py] ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py", line 77, in finalize  
    t.commit()  
    alpm.error: transaction failed, pm\_errno 47 (conflicting files), [('filesystem', '/install/usr/lib64', 'libnm-qt')]  

[2014-07-08 22:17:04] [process.py] ERROR: Can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue.  
    [2014-07-08 22:17:04] [show\_message.py] ERROR: Can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue.

What should i do?

If any additional information are required, I will try to provide them.

• Hello,
    I can’t install Antergos with Kde, using antergos-2014.06.24-x86_64.iso.
    Here is end of “cnchi.log”

[2014-07-08 22:15:07] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding os-prober to transaction  
    [2014-07-08 22:15:07] [pac.py] DEBUG: Finalize transaction...  
    [2014-07-08 22:15:07] [slides.py] INFO: Resolving dependencies...  

[2014-07-08 22:15:07] [pac.py] WARNING: harfbuzz will be installed before its freetype2 dependency  

[2014-07-08 22:15:07] [pac.py] WARNING: lib32-harfbuzz will be installed before its lib32-freetype2 dependency  

[2014-07-08 22:15:07] [slides.py] INFO: Checking inter conflicts...  
    [2014-07-08 22:15:07] [slides.py] INFO: Checking and loading packages... (737 targets)  
    [2014-07-08 22:16:43] [slides.py] INFO: Checking file conflicts...  
    [2014-07-08 22:16:43] [slides.py] INFO: Checking and loading packages... (737 targets)  
    [2014-07-08 22:17:04] [pac.py] ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py", line 77, in finalize  
    t.commit()  
    alpm.error: transaction failed, pm\_errno 47 (conflicting files), [('filesystem', '/install/usr/lib64', 'libnm-qt')]  

[2014-07-08 22:17:04] [process.py] ERROR: Can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue.  
    [2014-07-08 22:17:04] [show\_message.py] ERROR: Can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue.

What should i do?

If any additional information are required, I will try to provide them.

• I have the same problem for what it’s worth. (You can install with xfce and then install the kde-meta group by hand afterwards. This will give you a stock kde install without any of the Antergos theming though.)

It’s worth pointing out that since the installer downloads the latest version of (all) the packages, problems may come and go with the current state of the repository, even with a fixed version of the install iso.

Even for a distro which is rolling once installed, I’m not fully convinced this is the best behaviour for an automated installer which is supposed to give something which works out of the box.

For the present situation, maybe someone can say whether it is straightforward to edit the default package list or mask out packages from the installation.

• It looks like there is a problem with the packaging of libnm-qt. There is already a new version in testing which will likely resolve the issue. It should make it into the main repo in 24-48 hours. If want, you could try making a change to one of cnchi’s files that might allow the install to complete:

When Cnchi starts, select “try it” or exit. Next, press Alt+F2 and enter this command:

sudo gedit /usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py

Now, find this line:

force = options.get('force', False),

and change it to this:

force = options.get('force', True),

Save the file and then re launch Cnchi (From the Dash in the Activities view.) If you do decide to try making this change instead of waiting, please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• Yeah hope its patched soon as i much prefer kde to broken take 90000 features away crappy horrible gnome shell, why antergos went with it instead of something good like XFCE, KDE or MATE is beyond me.
    I understyand why it left cinnamon behind but now that cinnamon is back in arch maybe it should refocus on it as opposed to gnome suck.

• Changing the “force” parameter as suggested does not solve the problem.

• Hi, Dustin

I tried your solution also, unfortunately it does not work .

I will try again when new version of libnm-qt will be in main repo

• Yeah I did give it another go but the kde install fails, that kind of sucks for me.
    Well at least I have manjaro on the side if I want KDE as its kde integration is probably the best next to openSUSE

• I’v got this problem today…

Right now i’m installing only BASE… and then install KDE…

EDIT:

KDE installed on Base sucks…

my tip, setup xfce, install kde and then remove xfce (or not)

Install numix on kde is a lot of work…

• Yup same problem here. Was trying to change from XF to K with a clean install but after 10 minutes it just stopped. So I had to install XF again. Hope the KDE thing get fixed soon.

• Tried to install KDE just now on my new laptop. Can’t, SUCKS!

• It does suck!! Plasma 5.0 was released today so now I just want my K fix
    I’m sure there will be a solutin soon (hope so at least)

• It is still broken. I worked on it a little today but I’ll have to spend a little more time on it. I will let you know once its fixed.

Cheers!

• Its not in the main repos yet or if it is then its not plasma desktop…those packages are still at 4.13.

• Hi, plasma-next, is in the repo unstable:

Unstable releases[/b:16tjxlao]

When KDE is reaching beta or RC milestone, KDE “unstable” packages are uploaded to the [kde-unstable] repository. They stay there until KDE is declared stable and passes to [extra].

You can add [kde-unstable] with:

/etc/pacman.conf

[kde-unstable]
    Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Warning: Make sure to add these lines before the [extra] section. Adding the section after [extra] will cause pacman to prefer the older packages in the extra repository. pacman -Syu will not install them, and will warn that they are “too new” if installed manually. Also, some of the libraries will stay at the older versions, which may cause file conflicts and/or instability!

1- [kde-unstable] is based upon testing. Therefore, you need to enable the repositories in the following order:
    [kde-unstable], [testing], [core], [extra], [community-testing], [community].
    2- To update from a previous KDE installation, run:[b:16tjxlao] # pacman -Syu or # pacman -S kde-unstable/kde[/b:16tjxlao]
    3- If you do not have KDE installed, you might have difficulties to install it by using groups (limitation of pacman)
    4- Subscribe and read the arch-dev-public mailing list
    5- Make sure you make bug reports if you find any problems.

[https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE#Unstable_releases][0]">[https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KD][1] … e_releases

More information about hwo to install in another distributions:

[https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Packages#Arch_Linux][0]">[https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Packages#Arch_Linux][2]

Best Regards,

Héctor.

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KD
    [2]: https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Packages#Arch_Linux

• Have anyone managed to install KDE lately? OR is it still broken?
    I don’t want to try again before I know it works

• A new iso will be made available once KDE is working. It won’t be too long.

Cheers!

• Ok.
    Thanks for the answer
    Appreciated

• Any update to this issue?

• I tried Dustins fix. But no installation progress.

Posts 42Views 11220