• the danger of facebook

day 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJdxOqnCNp8&t=11234s and then start from start
    day 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Y9raqeHeM

Now I leave you with this: I recovered my facebook account that was deleted 6 and half years ago. Put my email, recover password, voilá, all my data available again. All. Everything I had in 2012.

Facebook does not have users, facebook uses you. And all the stuff you give them and all other that they scrap and buy from third parties.

So think about it. But mostly remember that 95% of the important issues were not addressed in these 2 days. But you can see Mark saying he’s not into law to regulate facebook, but he is into “we can talk about that”. Yeah, talk about that. Lol.

Remember also that this is not only about facebook, that is an advertising company and not a tech or anything else he tries to say it is.

Huge companies like Antergos can raise problems too. Small companies, like Google and Amazon seem to be ok.

• These videos were quite a let-down for the part that I saw. No decent answers explaining things, only “let me get back to yous” or “we are already doing the right things”,…

• NYTimes has a small video that show his tactics of not answering or saying something that appears to be true. But he also said full lies. So he needs to pay for lying and expect strong legislation for these kind of companies that need to be controlled. Not only facecrap, but all the “ads” companies do what they want. This has to stop.
    But remember that faceshit does not delete any profile ever. Recently they changed to “we will delete your account” but it’s false, because they always said that you cannot delete the account. You can only pause the access. Six years later and they still have my data ready. I will check in 100 days, oh yes I will.

https://nyti.ms/2GQEDzt

• but nowadays the possibilities to track users and collect data are not related to steel them from you, algorithms can track users without getting personal data from accounts… datamining and advanced analysis … this needs only some data-spots, like your email, or your internet provider adress workplace …

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• I also don’t understand the focus on facebook all that much as them being the major bad guy. Yes, they’re a big part of the problem where they act like they can do whatever they want with your private data and not give you any kind of real control over what you want them to know or to guess of you with the right methods (one big one being that they never delete data that you actually have already deleted). And I have also never liked Zuckerberg. To me he seems to be a very incompetent person, except for that he can still a multi billion dollar company with the right people by his side. But he’s not competent to have control over our private data and how to act responsibly with it. He’s also not competent about AI, where can’t even calculate the risks about what big issues it can bring if not handled properly. He doesn’t seem a person that can calculate the risks over certain actions on the longer term, especially about fields he’s not specialized in, and those are a lot I think. After all, he only made a website.

But the thing is that you can still choose not to have a Facebook account and limit what they know about you. The only data Facebook gets is data that you give them by using other applications of them, like Whatsapp (your family and friends and your communication activity in relation to them), instagram (locations, persons, hobbies and much more with image recognition) etc. And also the data that other people give to them. Your friends, employers uploading pictures and tag you or not,… You can also easily block their trackers on websites.

But the bigger problem is Google, and similar companies. They are so present on the internet and even outside it that it’s certainly guaranteed that they know a lot about you, whether you use their services or not. There’s the saying Google knows everything and I can think you can take that literally. And compared to an incompetent person like Zuckerberg, Google is full of very competent leaders, but unfortunately ones that act in the same irrisponsible way with our personal data. Eric Schmidt’s stance on privacy is as simple as you should not care about it so much if you have nothing to hide, very much sounding like if you’re not a criminal, you don’t need privacy. This is the guy that is now helping the US army (and Korean) to build AI technology for killer robots with all the algorithms and predictions Google was able to build with our personal data. That’s where in my eyes things goes really wrong. Our data is not just used anymore for profiling for better ads and improving their services, but also for war technology.

Google is everywhere, like I said, so it’s very hard to avoid them in our daily acting. They link one account to all the services they provide. They host a lot of things for websites: fonts, libraries, etc. so they can track your website visits. They have DNS servers that companies even activate by default in their products, so again the same issue. Major browsers like Chrome and Firefox uses it’s safebrowsing feature to protect you from phishing etc., but that also means again they know every website that you are visiting. Their Analytics are everywhere, their ads. Every Android smartphone has google (location, personal data, relationships etc.) tracking. I can keep listing them up…

So I don’t think Facebook deserves all that thrashtalk and focus when Google still has all the freedom to do what they want with our data. It’s also been known that they facilitated (and probably still do) the US government to get access to all their data, but so did companies like Facebook and Microsoft.

• @earthmind said in the danger of facebook:
    shorten to 20%:

Yes, they’re a big part of the problem where they act like they can do whatever they want with your private data and not give you any kind of real control over what you want them to know or to guess of you with the right methods (one big one being that they never delete data that you actually have already deleted). The only data Facebook gets is data that you give them by using other applications of them, like Whatsapp (your family and friends and your communication activity in relation to them), instagram (locations, persons, hobbies and much more with image recognition) etc. And compared to an incompetent person like Zuckerberg, Google is full of very competent leaders, but unfortunately ones that act in the same irrisponsible way with our personal data. This is the guy that is now helping the US army (and Korean) to build AI technology for killer robots with all the algorithms and predictions Google was able to build with our personal data.

😉

how to add system logs:

• here in Germany government start to force companies to store all userdata, to make it aviable in case of law violations.

And now they critizise this companies to use all this data to follow the laws of the capitalism-divinity …

[offreality] The only way to solve all this is to stop praying to money and start praying to progress and science to improve life on planet earth.[/offreality]

“To big to fail” is what becomes a problem today, as this monster companies with endless rescources are a power at the same eye level as governments (or already upon that?)

If a company grow to this level, quality is not a goal anymore, they fight only on the task to get more money in, they do not care to get control over mankind, it is the end in itself that leads to control.

how to add system logs:

• Not only money … We had a law passed yesterday that will be blocked by Telegram. Bad state? Not demarcatical? Many people think so.
    Why did this case start? Because Telegram did not want to provide encryption keys to certain 6 people who participated in the terrorist attack.

My opinion. Transfer data as Facebook, to third parties. This is not right and you have to judge for it. But we need to cooperate with special services.

Russian fan club of Antergos

• @tuxnot
    “Freedom is only for the supporters of the government, only for members of a party - no matter how numerous they are - there is no freedom.” Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters, not because of the fanaticism of “justice” but because of all the invigorating, beneficial and Purifier of political freedom is attached to this essence and its effect is denied if “freedom” becomes a privilege. "
    Rosa Luxemburg

how to add system logs:

• @joekamprad said in the danger of facebook:

@earthmind said in the danger of facebook:
    shorten to 20%:

Yes, they’re a big part of the problem where they act like they can do whatever they want with your private data and not give you any kind of real control over what you want them to know or to guess of you with the right methods (one big one being that they never delete data that you actually have already deleted). The only data Facebook gets is data that you give them by using other applications of them, like Whatsapp (your family and friends and your communication activity in relation to them), instagram (locations, persons, hobbies and much more with image recognition) etc. And compared to an incompetent person like Zuckerberg, Google is full of very competent leaders, but unfortunately ones that act in the same irrisponsible way with our personal data. This is the guy that is now helping the US army (and Korean) to build AI technology for killer robots with all the algorithms and predictions Google was able to build with our personal data.

😉

I should learn from you 😛

• @joekamprad said in the danger of facebook:

here in Germany government start to force companies to store all userdata, to make it aviable in case of law violations.

It’s strange that they’re still trying ways to justify storing all kinds of sensitive data and just label it metadata, because the EU has ruled that storing data like phone calls, sms messages etc to be illegal. In my country they started storing this kind of information a long time ago for a period to a year, but after this ruling they were forced to stop. Who knows if everyone really stopped and that data is erased

Governments are fast to say that private data needs to be stored for a long time for easy surveillance, but no minimum security efforts are forced, no investments in security technology to keep this data safe, no independent parties that control these practises exist. It’s really problematic

@joekamprad said in the danger of facebook:

shorten to 20%:

Yes, they’re a big part of the problem where they act like they can do whatever they want with your private data and not give you any kind of real control over what you want them to know or to guess of you with the right methods …

😉

I should learn from you 😛

This was be done by technology from https://www.textcompactor.com/ 😉

how to add system logs:

So I don’t think Facebook deserves all that thrashtalk

I agree with you. But try to talk to someone about that and say Google does it. They will not understand. Now, say Facebook and people seem to understand part of the problem.

I always trash Facebook but never forget to say the same about other companies. Google advertising is at least double of Facebook. But Google’s presence on the web is way bigger than Facebook.

I hope they trash Facebook as much they can, because this will impact all other companies. I don’t give a s**t about Facebook, I’m all about kicking any/all advertising company out of the web.

You’re right and I’ve already started to de-Google myself long before this Facebook scandal. Not easy, but I will try. Also de-Microsoft’ed too since October 2017.

• @casquinhasjr said in the danger of facebook:

So I don’t think Facebook deserves all that thrashtalk

I agree with you. But try to talk to someone about that and say Google does it. They will not understand. Now, say Facebook and people seem to understand part of the problem.

That’s true, also in general, people have more feeling about Facebook doing something wrong than Google, because with Facebook they’re sharing their lives and private communication

• This is the reason why I prefer using IG and Twitter than facebook.

• …and google got all person relevant data like GPS data, preferred shops and full timetables…

i do more care about all the third parties using the data from all of them… selled by a good reason for money 😉

how to add system logs:

• Also, they have introduced the new feature which is similar to tinder. What is happening to Mark Z?

• the tinder for Facebook is a “zückerli” for tzhe users, so that they think they can make also use of all the data 😉
    So the datamining brings love to the people!

how to add system logs:

danger1 facebook1 Posts 19Views 793
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.