• Suspend Issue with KDE

At best the resume process with KDE is ugly. Various weird screen artifacts and random lines. Sometimes I can can force suspend again and following resume is able to recover. Other times it is just random blobs on the screen in a flickering mess.

The computer is not hung, it appears to be working with corrupt video. See screen shot.

Any ideas?

• At best the resume process with KDE is ugly. Various weird screen artifacts and random lines. Sometimes I can can force suspend again and following resume is able to recover. Other times it is just random blobs on the screen in a flickering mess.

The computer is not hung, it appears to be working with corrupt video. See screen shot.

Any ideas?

• Does disabling/re-enabling compositing make things go back to normal? (Alt+Shift+F12 + Alt+Shift+F12)

• I was finally able to reproduce this again. They key combination does nothing with the KDE screen lock. However, once I entered the password to see the scrambled desktop I could then use the key combination and the screen cleared up nicely. Oddly, the desktop was unresponsive for a minute or so. Then everything I tried to do happened at once and from that point the desktop was usable. Not sure what that delay was about.

Being that you knew to look at the compositing is this a known issue?

• I’ve since tried multiple times using the ALT-SHIFT-F12 key combination and can not reproduce the success I had on the first try. With the screen distortion and random patterns and shifting images, I can’t even tell if I was able to unlock the screen.

• Still can’t solve this issue. When it happens, best I can do is CTRL-ALT-F2 to get to text mode. I don’t even login, just hit the power button to at least get a clean shutdown and then power up again.

• With the difference that I get just a black screen, I am facing EXACTLY the same issue (but in Gnome DE)…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

Posts 7Views 1068