• Printer locked for driver installation

Hello when I install the printer xp 214 in Antergos 18.4 that I installed recently I already installed the drivers via AUR all right.
    When I add the printer to KDE, I put the correct login and password.
    then it gives the message "failed to get device list: ‘Forbidden’.
    it will be bug or I have to go back to 18.3

• @fernando-santos said in Printer locked for driver installation:

I put the correct login and password.

this will be root and the password giving at install

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• @fernando-santos
    Wow your adventurous, as I recall you did a new Antergos 18.3 install two or three days ago and now your trying out the test version of Antergos.
    If @joekamprad 's feedback doesn’t work, just keep in mind that 18.4 is in testing stage, so there could be flaws in it.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• thanks Bryanpwo and joekamprad but I could not install I’m going back to 18.3 thanks my friends for helping me

• Hi, I’m working with Antergos 18.3 and I added the printer drivers already installed and also the message failed to get device list: 'Forbidden’
    as it does to enter the system with root because I can not the password is correct!

• Sounds like a group issue. Make sure that your user is member of the follwong groups: lp, lpadmin.
    J.

installation264 driver52 printer41 locked2 Posts 6Views 254
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.