• pamac and pamac-tray-appindicator doesn't show updates

Hi all.

I’ve got the following problem across several installations on totally different hardware - all having in common that they run Antergos/KDE:

About a week ago, give or take a few days, all systems stopped showing available updates. pamac-tray-appindicator claims the system is up to date and the same is true for pamac. It also doesn’t matter if pamac gets launched via the tray indicator or via “Add/Remove Software”. Clicking on “Updates” gives the spinning circle animation followed by “Your system is up to date”.

Invoking pacman manually on the command line actually works and does proof both of them wrong … it refreshes the repo lists, shows the updates available and installs them.

Funnily enough there are no error messages whatsoever in relation to pamac or the tray indicator to be found anywhere. Now, while managing the system via pacman works, I don’t think that this is the intended mode of operation.

Anyone got any idea about what’s wrong here and how to go about sorting it out?

• It’s a bug in this version of Pamac, the updater doesn’t work. In some cases refreshing the databases work, but on my KDE machine it didn’t.
    The Pamac devs are aware of this and are working on it. The last time Pamac had problems they added an update very quickly, so in this case be patient and use the terminal.
    If you don’t want to do that, you can also instal Kalu. This app looks for updates in the repo and the AUR, if you have AUR apps on your system installed. The only downside is that it doesn’t autostart on start up, but once running it keeps scanning for updates.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• Oh, okay. Thanks for the reply and heads-up. Good to know it is a known bug and not some obscure problem.

I’m perfectly fine running pacman manually from the command line, and so are the users of the other installations. As for AUR packages, there’s just a single one “installed” on my rig, and that is the one for properly installing DaVinci Resolve.

Thank you again, will patiently wait for the fix to come around.

• @phunk-n-further
    Pamac has been updated now, probably works again as it should.

Send logs: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/10586/eat-logs; install eat: wget -q https://github.com/manuel-192/eat/raw/master/PKGBUILD && makepkg -sic
    Please don't hide information when asking for help.

• @manual

That is a negative. Still “No Go” with pamac/pamac-tray-appindicator 6.2.6-1

• Since the forum won’t let me make an edit (dreaded “Connection lost” on Submit):

Oh wait… I changed my mirror another one which obviously is more recent and installed the 6.2.6-2 update.

Now we have to wait until a update drops to see if it’ll notify again or not.

• You could try Octopi, it’s qt5 based, available in the repos and comes with an own tray indicator.
    J.

• now it’s working, at least for me. pamac and tray indicator working!

pamac62 updates54 show22 Posts 8Views 760
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.