• Suspend problem/Gnome DE

Hi there! I have just come across a problem with the suspend mode. I use Antergos in gnome shell. As it comes out of the box after installation, there is no suspend button on the panel. I installed it using the Gnome addons tool and went on to try it. Well…all I got was a frozen,dead black, screen with no way to use the keyboard to, at least, get to the terminal. So I had to hard shutdown my pc.
    Shall I assume it is a known bug and that is why this button was originally missing after install? Is there a solution to fix it?
    Thank you in advance!

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Hi there! I have just come across a problem with the suspend mode. I use Antergos in gnome shell. As it comes out of the box after installation, there is no suspend button on the panel. I installed it using the Gnome addons tool and went on to try it. Well…all I got was a frozen,dead black, screen with no way to use the keyboard to, at least, get to the terminal. So I had to hard shutdown my pc.
    Shall I assume it is a known bug and that is why this button was originally missing after install? Is there a solution to fix it?
    Thank you in advance!

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• Hi,

The missing button is a known issue. I thought it was still available from the power off menu but I could be wrong (its been a while since I used GNOME Shell). The following commands will suspend and hibernate the system. You can create keyboard shortcuts for them to make it easier
    sudo systemctl hibernate[/code:3sxumeen]

Cheers!

• Thank you Dastin. Before I give the commands you said, should I unistall the suspend button I have now installed via the gnome addon?
    Do you happen to know if after giving the commands my problem will be solved, or there really is a bug?

• No you don’t need to uninstall anything. If you found an extension that allows you to properly suspend then just use that.

• Unfortunately Dastin, nothing happened. First, I tried the suspend button on the start-up page. My pc suspended, heard it woke up…BUT with only a black screen with nothing working. Again, I couldnt use the terminal, so I hard shutdowned it using the power on/off button. Then, I rebooted and uninstalled the gnome extention suspend button which was my original reason for posting here (gave me exactly the same problem). I gave the command you suggested

sudo systemctl suspend

My pc went to suspend mode and woke up with the same dead black screen…
    Is it a bug or something?
    *I have installed xscreensaver but run it manually just for my screen to go black (with no other settings) just in case this could be of any dependency matter…

Posts 6Views 1436