• authentication is required to mount /dev/sda1

Hi
    i installed ubuntu before (OS on sda1, swap on sda2), then i wanted to try antergos so i splitted sda1 in half and made sda3 and dual booted.

i used gnome first, but yesterday i updated my packages and gnome dropped support for desktop icons and i got mad and switched to deepin, everything is amazing except that every time i login i have to enter my password to mount /dev/sda1 (the ubuntu partition), and if i (cancel) then i get the same request every single time i open (deepin file manager) so i must enter my password to get rid of it, gnome didn’t have this problem, is there a way i could disable that?, in gnome i only had to type password when i open the partition … or can i disable that password? i don’t even know why i have to enter that password since when i dual boot ubuntu it doesn’t require password to mount /dev/sda3

• The file manager probably has the partition set as automount, that’s why it keeps asking for a password. You can disable that if you go to the menu in the fillemanager ( the stripes underneath each other) and select mount. Then you can disable the Ubuntu partition.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• Thanks 🙂 problem solved

mount22 authentication12 required10 devsda11 Posts 3Views 264
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.