• Problems while installing Antergos

Hi everyone, I can’t intall Antergos (either others linux distros) on my laptop. Is an ASUS ROG GL552VW (Itel i7, Nvidia GTX 960M, 8Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD)

I’ve install Antergos on my desktop computer and I want to do it on this laptop. The thing is that I create the booteable USB, go to BIOS and change boot priorities. Sometimes Antergos’ installer does not launch, other times Antergos logo is shown up and loading dots appears but nothing more happens. Also, I’ve achieve to get into Antergos’ desktop and click on install, but when I get to the desktop selection screen freezes up and I can’t continue with the installation.

Somebody can help me?

1. If the BIOS allows to switch between using integrated or discrete video cards, then set the laptop to use integrated - not discrete - video card.

2. Try to boot live Antergos session with adding this parameter:

modprobe.blacklist=nouveau

Asus is known for producing anti Linux hardware, so it won’t be an easy task in any case.

• @just With that command line it worked, I install Antergos (KDE). But now I only see a black screen with a black cursor on it
    Can you help me with that?

• Perhaps this link will help you, it handles also a nvidia/Asus combi.

• @yerbri said in Problems while installing Antergos:

@just With that command line it worked, I install Antergos (KDE). But now I only see a black screen with a black cursor on it

Your 960M is the nVidia Optimus card. This article in Antergos Wiki explains in details how to work with them. It also answers your question. I simply suggested you to do two initial steps from the article. Read it for the rest.

Only remember that Asus is the worst hardware ever made for Linux, so a good result can not be always guaranteed.

installing114 Posts 5Views 436
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.