• Broadcom wifi & Lost Panel Icon for Networks

I have run into a weird problem. I’ve been trying to get my KDE Antergos to connect to my home wifi. I’ve been successful before using the broadcom-wl-dkms versions with both Latest and LTS Kernels using other variants of Antergos, but KDE says that it’s configuring the interface, a circle spins, and then it shows it’s never connected. I’ve done something else trying to get this to work, and for the life of me, I can’t figure out how I lost the little Network Connection drop down icon in the system tray area.

I’m stumped after going through the forums and trying different ideas and even Mr. Google doesn’t seem to help much. Help?

• Try to reinstall these two packages with a wired connection:
    libnm 1.10.6-2
    libnm glib 1.10.6-2
    There was a problem with that update earlier as you can read here:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/9473/networkmanager-update-problem

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• Hi @bryanpwo. Genius! Thank you!!! I have to load the LTS kernel (no problem, there) because the system reports there isn’t a broadcom for the latest version. It says I have to make one, and…yeah, don’t know how to do that. As long as LTS works, and nothing else breaks, I’m good to go.

Thank you very much again.

wifi126 panel29 broadcom21 lost10 Posts 3Views 225
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.