• Ghost partition in usb?

Hi all!!

I have a stick USB that I normally use to install linux on my pcs. Well, the last time I used it was to install Cinnarch. I used Unetbootin to make the iso bootable in the usb. After that I normally format the stick to make a normal use of it.

Today I’ve connected it to a Raspberry that I have, and what has been my surprise when I’ve seen that it only reads some partition call “CINNARCH_201304” which contains files from that installation I guess. I’ve come back to my laptop to try to delete that partition, but I can’t find it, not even appears in Gparted. It just isn’t there. So, what can I do then??

I’ve tried deleting all partition and formating again, but, it is still there. The only way that I found to see it in the computer is deleting all the partitions with Gparted and letting them in that way. Then, when I connect the usb, the “CINNARCH_201304” partition appears, but I can’t do nothing with it, because Gparted says that all the space in the stick is “not assigned”.

Any idea??

• Hi all!!

I have a stick USB that I normally use to install linux on my pcs. Well, the last time I used it was to install Cinnarch. I used Unetbootin to make the iso bootable in the usb. After that I normally format the stick to make a normal use of it.

Today I’ve connected it to a Raspberry that I have, and what has been my surprise when I’ve seen that it only reads some partition call “CINNARCH_201304” which contains files from that installation I guess. I’ve come back to my laptop to try to delete that partition, but I can’t find it, not even appears in Gparted. It just isn’t there. So, what can I do then??

I’ve tried deleting all partition and formating again, but, it is still there. The only way that I found to see it in the computer is deleting all the partitions with Gparted and letting them in that way. Then, when I connect the usb, the “CINNARCH_201304” partition appears, but I can’t do nothing with it, because Gparted says that all the space in the stick is “not assigned”.

Any idea??

• It sounds to like your usb drive has been somehow given a label of “CINNARCH_201304”. I dont believe this is an actual partition though. Is the drive made by SD? I remember reading something about their drives containing un-writable sections or something like that. One thing I want to point out is that Cinnarch and now Antergos ISOs are not compatible with UNetBootIn without some modifications. If you write another ISO to the USB it should wipe out all traces of the CINNARCH label, I would think.

Posts 3Views 801