• Installing SDDM, ditching lightdm help

This post is deleted!
  • i just update the wiki to be more clear ;)

sddm-kcm integrates settings for sddm into plasma native settings, it is not nessesarry to uninstall lightdm and light-locker, as they will do nothing if lightdm is disabled, as far as i know.

If you uninstall, you will loose the meta packages what can cause inconvenience on major upgrades of your DE.

• This post is deleted!
  • @joekamprad said in Installing SDDM, ditching lightdm help:

i just update the wiki to be more clear ;)

sddm-kcm integrates settings for sddm into plasma native settings, it is not nessesarry to uninstall lightdm and light-locker, as they will do nothing if lightdm is disabled, as far as i know.

If you uninstall, you will loose the meta packages what can cause inconvenience on major upgrades of your DE.

Can you explain in what way major upgrades can give problems when removing the meta packages?

• @earthmind https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/creating_packages#Meta_packages_and_groups

So if you remove the GNOME meta package nothing is holding GNOME together as a “group” and on a change to GNOME structure of packages you will get orphan packages or GNOME incomplete (GNOME only as an example)

After uninstalling a meta package you will see a lot orphan packages pacman -Qdtq if you uninstall them GNOME will be unfunctional…

lightdm130 installing114 sddm13 ditching1 Posts 5Views 501
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.