• How come u do this devs?

Why does the devs always shut down the server? It’s really ahnoying! Anyone?

0_1521686277074_DeepinScreenshot_20180320191717.png

• I couldn’t even log in yesterday or today. This has happened not too long ago too!

• Did you edit the error message or is that the original message you were shown?

• I had the same problem. Forum was down for me all day long yesterday, I got the same message or a “502 : bad gateway”.

• I’m afraid @developers underestimate the role of this forum. This wouldn’t take much time to put a simple explanation like “Guys, we’re working to fix xxx issue” or “We have a failure, coming back ASAP” into index.html or on antergos.com. The forum is one and only valuable Antergos-related site, while the main website contains hardly any info. Also social media could be considered. And by the way: keeping alive the blog which was last updated over a year ago makes no sense.

• @lots-0-logs
    The forum was down all day, yesterday. I also got the “502: bad gateway” message.

• Me too, couldn’t log in yesterday.

• i think @CadenMitchell was talking about the “harsh” words inside the message:
    0_1521716584704_ruff-talking.png

:P = :P

But this is may a miss pronounciation from the devs of forumsoftware itself…

• I did overlook that one…
    @karasu
    A bit off-topic, but isn’t it time now to assemble that group that’s going to be responsible for the social media channels?
    Yesterday’s error showed that this would be a welome addition.

• I meant welcome addition.

• @joekamprad said in How come u do this devs?:

i think @CadenMitchell was talking about the “harsh” words inside the message:
    0_1521716584704_ruff-talking.png

:P = :P

But this is may a miss pronounciation from the devs of forumsoftware itself…

But this may come also from setting this?
    0_1521718500854_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-03-22 12-32-28.png

• @bryanpwo said in How come u do this devs?:

A bit off-topic, but isn’t it time now to assemble that group that’s going to be responsible for the social media channels?

This is not off-topic. And it’s essential to keep information channels alive. I’d also suggest to get rid of what’s unnecessary / unused.

• @piotr said in How come u do this devs?:

@bryanpwo said in How come u do this devs?:

This is not off-topic. And it’s essential to keep information channels alive. I’d also suggest to get rid of what’s unnecessary / unused.

What you say is truly a fact and never off-topic!

• If there is a newsfeed/blog/twitter/facebook/google created, it needs to feeded regularly, or deleted.

Also if we keep in mind that devs have limited time.

It is only 5 minutes to create a short message, and post it in one used channel for this.

• IMO it only need several steps;

1. Select which media to maintain (Facebook, G+, Twitter, antergos.com / blog / news) and which to kill as unused;
    2. assign people to media (I can join if someone wants me to);
    3. select a channel to be used by developers to post important short messages and convince developers to use it;
    4. spread the info to all channels.

That’s all.

• I was refering to [this](link url)https://forum.antergos.com/topic/9100/promote-antergos thread.

• Also everyone, yes, I did slightly edit the message but it was to represent how I feel like there is a constant communication between the forum maintainers and the forum users. I don’t hate the Antergos team or the forum but I still feel that like any great company/organization/community there is still room for improvement. You all have great feedback and I also feel like the most important part of Antergos would have to be the forum because it is where all the real documentation is, it’s where all the users can come together and help each other out with their software, and a safe place for community discussions about artwork, desktop environments, and other things which creates a positive atmosphere which most distros don’t even have. Taking these things away from users regularly with no heads-up beforehand and without any reasonable explanation leads to confusion and upset users and members.

• @bryanpwo said in How come u do this devs?:

I was refering to [this](link url)https://forum.antergos.com/topic/9100/promote-antergos thread.

Well, I had seen this thread, but didn’t decide to join, as it was dominated by marketing. Even if I’m responsible for both PR and information at the office, I value information much more. :)

• Yes the forum was down day before yesterday for almost an entire day before I had time to fix it. The problem was the server ran out of disk space due to a log file that got out of control. Usually I catch issues much more quickly but I’m only one person and there are only 24 hours in a day. Also, while the forum does have occasional issues, if you look at the big picture the overall uptime is pretty damn good. For those who were affected by the downtime please consider donating instead of complaining. IJS 😜

• https://antergos.com/donate/

Money is the gasoline for everyting today!

@lots-0-logs what users complain about was not 100% the downside, it was about getting informed about what happens, a simple message on twitter would be good for that, or a post here: https://antergos.com/blog/category/news/

devs2 Posts 22Views 1134
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.