• GRUB2 Gui configuration App?

Hello: a little (associated with other previous) question. Any Gui app to configurate GRUB2 in Gnome (display backgrounds, text size; entries options)?

Thanks!
    Alex

• Hello: a little (associated with other previous) question. Any Gui app to configurate GRUB2 in Gnome (display backgrounds, text size; entries options)?

Thanks!
    Alex

• A few GUI apps for customizing grub menus do exist however I am not sure if any will work properly with our grub menu entries. You can always try and see (backup your existing grub.cfg first) Use pacmanXG to search the AUR for grub and you should find a few items relevant to your goal

Cheers!

• Thaks! I want to start with a more beautiful boot screen! KaosOs, for example, comes with a fine visual boot screen, but; for some reason (that I`m trying to understand, via forums); don`t recognizes all distros entries in the install or reinstall process!

Bye

• What does your current boot screen look like? We include a customized Antergos theme for Grub. Perhaps the theme did not get correctly applied during your install?

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• @“lots.0.logs”:37h05g4v said:

What does your current boot screen look like? We include a customized Antergos theme for Grub. Perhaps the theme did not get correctly applied during your install?

Best Regards,
    Dustin[/quote:37h05g4v]

No theme! Only black background and white simple text…

• @“Pandalinux”:1fs3rd5e said:

@“lots.0.logs”:1fs3rd5e said:

What does your current boot screen look like? We include a customized Antergos theme for Grub. Perhaps the theme did not get correctly applied during your install?

Best Regards,
    Dustin[/quote:1fs3rd5e]

No theme! Only black background and white simple text…[/quote:1fs3rd5e]

(And…“remember”, like I said in previous topics, that no installed Linux distros recognized - Solved - and no SWAP detection; with your request about " sudo fdisk -l" result, answered in my Newbies post)

• Okay you can install the grub theme by running these commands:

cd /tmp  
    git clone http://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi.git cnchi  
    sudo mv cnchi/grub2-theme /boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default  
    sudo sed -i 's%^\#GRUB\_THEME.\*$%GRUB\_THEME="/boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt"%g' /etc/default/grub  
    sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Cheers!

PS> I will check your other topic

• @“lots.0.logs”:3u62qy0b said:

Okay you can install the grub theme by running these commands:

cd /tmp  
    > git clone http://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi.git cnchi  
    > sudo mv cnchi/grub2-theme /boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default  
    > sudo sed -i 's%^\#GRUB\_THEME.\*$%GRUB\_THEME="/boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt"%g' /etc/default/grub  
    > sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Cheers!

PS> I will check your other topic

Ouch! I`ve maked step by step; with no errors reported. But nothing changes at booting time! Black-and-white lines, no theme.

I don`t know if it`s the important thing, but in /etc/default/grub says:
    # Uncomment one of them for the gfx desired, a image background or a gfxtheme
    #GRUB_BACKGROUND="/path/to/wallpaper"
    GRUB_THEME="/usr/share/grub/themes/midna/theme.txt"

• Change it to this:[code:2cq0ubv2]GRUB_THEME="/boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt"[/code:2cq0ubv2] Then run the grub-mkconfig command from my last post again.

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:3u40sagj said:

Change it to this:[code:3u40sagj]GRUB_THEME="/boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt"[/code:3u40sagj] Then run the grub-mkconfig command from my last post again.

Cheers![/quote:3u40sagj]

I promise you that I`ll give you a break for a long time; but, for now: Nothing was happend, again. And I was looking inside the folders. Antergos-default, in boot/grub/themes; must have inside, 3 folders (“Antergo-default” again, “grub2-theme” (that has inside…“Antergos-default” again!) and shellx64_v2.efi)? Or somtething went wrong and the folders were mixed? Perhaps, in terminal; I`ve inserted all the code, step by step; but positioned in wrong place (after cd /tmp; I never maked cd again…)

Sorry, but I`m a little confused…
    Thanks

• Oops
    sudo mv /boot/grub/themes/tmp/Antergos-Default /boot/grub/themes
    sudo rm -R /boot/grub/themes/tmp[/code:rxhg6e4u]You will have to run grub-mkconfig once more

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• @“lots.0.logs” said:

Oops
    sudo mv /boot/grub/themes/tmp/Antergos-Default /boot/grub/themes
    sudo rm -R /boot/grub/themes/tmp[/code:34py7jy2]You will have to run grub-mkconfig once more

Best Regards,
    Dustin[/quote

But…I must take this steps in console, after something? Or I start now? Must repeat some previous step? The code you give me, “says” that I move the folder Antergos-Default (with Antergos-Default theme folder, the Grub2-theme folder and the shellx64 folder, inside) to temporal. And then, from temporal to /boot/grub/themes…again? Nothing of the structure changes? Isn`t the Antergos-Default folder (with a complete theme inside) that cames inside the other, what I need?

• The current path looks like this, no?:

I believe that's what you should have based on the previous instructions I gave you and also reviewing our git repo's structure. So the latest commands I gave you will move the higher-level "Antergos Default" directory to a tmp folder (its essentially the same as renaming it but in linux we must use the mv command.) Once that's done, I have you mv the lower-level "Antergos-Default" directory (which contains the actual theme files) into grub's theme directory where it belongs. Does that make sense? If you are unsure, please post the output of the following command so I can verify the layoutsudo ls -lR /boot/grub

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:l1pc8mtj said:

The current path looks like this, no?:

I believe that's what you should have based on the previous instructions I gave you and also reviewing our git repo's structure. So the latest commands I gave you will move the higher-level "Antergos Default" directory to a tmp folder (its essentially the same as renaming it but in linux we must use the mv command.) Once that's done, I have you mv the lower-level "Antergos-Default" directory (which contains the actual theme files) into grub's theme directory where it belongs. Does that make sense? If you are unsure, please post the output of the following command so I can verify the layoutsudo ls -lR /boot/grub

Cheers![/quote:l1pc8mtj]
    the
    Yes, obviously! I understand now “tmp” content will be, for a few minutes, the higer-level folder; and , when you writes “tmp/Antergos-Default” you are saying “Antergos-Default/Antergos-Default/” OK. I `ve tryed, previously, make this with copy-paste, in Root Nautilus…But I `ve dubts and stepped back in my intent.

Thanks a lot for your support with this awesome distro

• You’re welcome

Posts 16Views 2984