• Networkmanager update problem

@ilfabri
    I’m sorry, my mistake, I forgot to mention that you must install the downgrade package first.
    Now you can’t connect to the internet this is an useless advice.

• @judd said in Networkmanager update problem:

@ilfabri said in Networkmanager update problem:

@bryanpwo “command not found” :(

maybe you do not have the “downgrade” package installed

$ sudo pacman -S downgrade

???

• installing the "“downgrade” package without internet is not possible :)

• @pseudonym said in Networkmanager update problem:

installing the "“downgrade” package without internet is not possible :)

If you have a smart phone, USB tie it up and use it for your Internet connection. It will appear as a wired network in Arch, all you need to do is run dhcpcd.
    The phone will share any wireless connection you are using; either WiFi or cellular data. If you are using cellular data, observe the data limits. After you get to the installation of your wireless controllers and user space tools, you can switch to internal WiFi.

• i downloaded the downgrade package from another pc, installed it, downgraded libnm and libnm-gl to version 1.10.5dev…
    Rebooted, but nothing changed =(

• Did your other machine have the exact same kernel that is on the machine that can’t connect to the internet?

• @judd - awesome tip, thanks worked for me.

I just did than a pacman -Syu and a new version of libnm / libnm-glib and networkmanager has been installed.

It works after now.

• @pseudonym said in Networkmanager update problem:

@judd - awesome tip, thanks worked for me.

I just did than a pacman -Syu and a new version of libnm / libnm-glib and networkmanager has been installed.

It works after now.

👍

• @judd said in Networkmanager update problem:

@pseudonym said in Networkmanager update problem:

installing the "“downgrade” package without internet is not possible :)

If you have a smart phone, USB tie it up and use it for your Internet connection. It will appear as a wired network in Arch, all you need to do is run dhcpcd.
    The phone will share any wireless connection you are using; either WiFi or cellular data. If you are using cellular data, observe the data limits. After you get to the installation of your wireless controllers and user space tools, you can switch to internal WiFi.

Great trick, i tought of that but i didn’t know about the dhcpcd command so I didn’t try it.
    Now is everything back to work, even I would have liked to solve it manually like a real nerd 🤓 :D

• @ilfabri said in Networkmanager update problem:

Hi, i’ve downloaded the older version of libnm and libnm-glib versions from archive.archlinux.org.
    I installed them with

sudo pacman -U ***.tar.xz

I rebooted but still no working internet connection. 🤔

Here is what I had to do to solve the problem:

1. sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libnm-1.10.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

2. sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libnm-glib-1.10.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

So far, so good ;) But it was not enough!

I had to also downgrade the NetworManager to the same version.

1. sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/networkmanager-1.10.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

2. At the End I just restarted the NetworkManager.service from the Terminal and I was online again.

The new buggy versions are now showing as updates. For now I will ignore them until a newer version is out. Any suggestions for a better workaround?

• Does anyone know if this was found a bug at all? My home laptop wasn’t affected, but the VM install at the office needed libnm, libnm-glib and networkmanager downgrade to 1.10.2-1. For several days I keep on skipping 1.10.6-2 update.

• @piotr
    Have you tried to reinstall the 1-10-6-2 versions? For some strange reason it worked over here.

• @bryanpwo said in Networkmanager update problem:

Have you tried to reinstall the 1-10-6-2 versions? For some strange reason it worked over here.

Well, yes - it works. And yes - it’s strange. :) Thanks!

• May issue was caused by the update of systemd (9.3.2018) itself, and effectet to networkmanager in a way…

• This post is deleted!
networkmanager18 Posts 36Views 2701
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.