• Can't connect to wifi- no way to enter password

Hello- I am new to this distro, and would like to try installing it on my laptop. The problem is I can’t connect to my wifi network because the OS doesn’t give me a way to enter the password. My network shows up in the list of available networks with a lock icon next to it, but when I click on it, the network manager tries to connect without ever asking for a password. Of course it fails to connect. This is my first venture into Gnome 3, so I might just be missing something.

• Hello- I am new to this distro, and would like to try installing it on my laptop. The problem is I can’t connect to my wifi network because the OS doesn’t give me a way to enter the password. My network shows up in the list of available networks with a lock icon next to it, but when I click on it, the network manager tries to connect without ever asking for a password. Of course it fails to connect. This is my first venture into Gnome 3, so I might just be missing something.

• Nevermind- I figured it out. Seems weird that you need to enter settings to do this, though. The Gnome folks should rethink that one.

• Hi,

This is caused by a bug in GNOME. You can connect to your network from within the Network Module of System Settings.

Cheers!

Posts 4Views 1712