• Just came here from Arch and...

I made my own PC and installed Arch about a month ago, and constantly ran into problems. It seems like I learned a lot that way, but the instructions are unnecessarily convoluted and confusing.

Anyhow, I would just like to say that after my drivers got wrecked last night, I just decided to go with Antergos and I can’t believe how much smoother this OS is.

A few things:

• Fonts look much clearer.

• Computer makes much less “grinding” sound while loading.

• Easier to search for packages. (Why is it a sign of leetness to have to constantly type sudo pacman -Su) and search for packages online?

• Friendlier forums.

• Works out of the box.

Basically, all the ridiculously complicated stuff that Arch has instructions with confusing tips and warnings, and that sort of thing just come built into Antergos.

Thank you guys for making this such a great distro.

• Welcome to Antergos and great to hear that your home build PC finally has a smooth running OS partner.

• @ryandward I also installed arch (just to see if I could!) and can echo the comments above. Having said that there is a huge amount of useful info on the arch wiki and forum.

• If you’re using Arch for a server, it’s like Debian server, with terminal only and no desktop.

But we all use a desktop environment, so for me, Antergos still the best option.

There’s also Manjaro and ArcoLinux if you feel like distro hop is fun.

I’ve used Debian and Debian based distros, like Ubuntu, MX, etc. But since I found Arch, there’s no way I’m going back.

I still have the old Core 2 Duo E8400 running here and it’s perfect.

• @ryandward welcome to Antergos :)

• @megaman said in Just came here from Arch and...:

@ryandward welcome to Antergos :)

Always nice to see more people using Antergos. We’re here because Antergos works.
    It inherits all the Arch goodness and it has a LOT of amazing things. And I do have to point out my favorite feature of Antergos: every time I press the power on button, it works.

I can say a few things about some other distros… because I have a few machines and I do distro hop on the laptops just for fun. And Fedora was not fun. I might use Debian and Arch based distros just for fun but no more Fedora. Don’t offer me money to try it out again. I don’t accept.

• @casquinhas Debian always a solid Distro. for me its got to be a rolling system i cant do those ubuntu type upgrades anymore.

i havent used Debian since my crunchbox days but if i went outside Arch thats what i would use.

• @megaman said in Just came here from Arch and...:

@casquinhas Debian always a solid Distro. for me its got to be a rolling system i cant do those ubuntu type upgrades anymore.

i havent used Debian since my crunchbox days but if i went outside Arch thats what i would use.

And maybe we don’t want a Microsoft style information collection on Ubuntu… but then we would have to stop using every Google service.

If I too have to leave Arch, Debian would be my choice, but a Debian install and then Xfce on top.

arch48 came1 and1 Posts 8Views 679
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.