• what phone do you use?

ok time for another amazing off topic conversation ;)

ive got a OnePlus 3 using OxygenOs Android Oreo 8

next!

• LG G6 for daily use, LG G4 for testing purposes.

• I’ve got an iPhone SE, I know it’s an unusual pairing with Linux, but I came from a Mac and I’ve bought a lot of albums in iTunes in the past. Most of them are DRM locked, so they don’t transfer to another medium.

• BQ Aquaris U Plus with Android 7.1.1, pending update to Android 8 (soon, I hope)

• Still none, don’t know which phone to buy.
    J.

• The amazing Nokia 5

• BQ Aquarius U

• Asus Zenfone

• I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon), with a custom Android 8 ROM (AOSP Extended).

• Moto X4 running Stock (unrooted) Oreo

Before this I was using a One Plus One rooted running 14.1 Linage OS. I do miss some root apps. Namely Titanium Backup and Adaway.

• @jeannie____ said in what phone do you use?:

Still none, don’t know which phone to buy.
    J.

still? :D

get a oneplus you cant go wrong.

• @tasoskane said in what phone do you use?:

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon), with a custom Android 8 ROM (AOSP Extended).

gotta love those custom Roms. its what makes these phones really amazing 👍

• @inverse-chi said in what phone do you use?:

Moto X4 running Stock (unrooted) Oreo

Before this I was using a One Plus One rooted running 14.1 Linage OS. I do miss some root apps. Namely Titanium Backup and Adaway.

i had my oneplus one for 3 years :) my main reason for rooting is to use substratum themes. having complete control of the phone is nice. its crazy they still updating the software for the OPO. LineageOs 15.1 is out for it now.

• @bryanpwo said in what phone do you use?:

I’ve got an iPhone SE, I know it’s an unusual pairing with Linux, but I came from a Mac and I’ve bought a lot of albums in iTunes in the past. Most of them are DRM locked, so they don’t transfer to another medium.

this is why i cant use any apple products because they lock everything down :(

just an idea and i dont know if google still does this but google music used to have an option to where if you bought something on itunes they would give you the song for free on Google music. so you can pretty much transfer your songs to google for free. again im not sure if they still do this but then after that google music lets you download the songs off the clouds to your PC.

i would wonder even if there is any apps that would let you access your itunes from Android? idk i never checked but there are all kind of apps out there these days.

• @megaman said in what phone do you use?:

@bryanpwo said in what phone do you use?:

I’ve got an iPhone SE, I know it’s an unusual pairing with Linux, but I came from a Mac and I’ve bought a lot of albums in iTunes in the past. Most of them are DRM locked, so they don’t transfer to another medium.

this is why i cant use any apple products because they lock everything down :(

And if you start watching some videos on YT from people who fix phones and Apple crap in general, you will see how they play. Low. Very low.
    I would rather bring my 3310 and 1100 phones back to life, than ever buy an Apple product. If I could not use any Linux distro and had to choose between Apple and Microsoft, I would install Windows 98 SE and use it.

But crap aside, that Moto X4 looks great with LineageOs. I have a Nokia 5 so I’m pretty much stock Android but I would not mind having LineageOs on it too.

• @megaman and @casquinhas
    A third of my iTunes library did transfer well on Google music, It only concerned the purchases I did before a certain year (I believe it was 2008) The DRM lock wasn’t exclusively to Apple, back then it was forced by the major record labels.
    There was a courtcase about it and the recordlabels lost, because consumers already pay the right to copy to the music industry, when they buy recordable media like CD-R(W), DVD-R(W), videotapes, harddrives and flashdrives. There’s even a small percentage going to them when buying the machines that makes it possible to record on.
    Back in the LP days the music industry signed an agreement about that, so legally bought digital albums should be treated the same as a physical medium. That was the verdict, so from then on digital albums weren’t forced locked by the music industry. It wasn’t reversible, though and that’s why I can’t move two third of my library.

• I have changed to Samsung S8 as I am unhappy with Apple’s new product.

• @bryanpwo might have to bite the bullet and restart that collection locally for complete control.

ive been using google music for years but want more local control and i am going to start rebuilding my music collection on a server pc in my house so i can steam anything all the time locally.

• @megaman mpd hurray!

phone6 Posts 30Views 1731
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.