• Screensaver not working, alternatives?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R44Qg9y50hgj0W9e2uPVObD6d0A2F5tq/view?usp=drivesdk

Photo of the boot menu in grub, I edited out the uuid on case they can be used for malice.

I add a 1 to quiet, by the red dot, no spaces. It starts to boot but goes blank again.

I followed the steps by editing the conf file as suggested above.

I realize I could just re install, but trying to learn. Also, I appreciate the patience

• @nondscript said in Screensaver not working, alternatives?:

, no spaces

... rw quiet 1 resume=...

needs space between each option!

• It do the trick here on all my systems, but they are BIOS systems so may you need to use the one more modern from the wiki:

howto-boot-without-graphical-environment

and ones you are logged in try to reset what you have edited inside /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf:

nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

save with [ctrl+X]

• I really want to get into Linux, but it seems it’s a steep climb from a windows environment. Tried the Deepin build, tried the same change, this time with LTS kernel, same result, (black/blank login screen), despite the deepin window manager seemingly being installed already.

I loved DDE, trying Deepin on debin now haha, cause why the hell not, I love this journey and I love learning from my mistakes.

deepin71 screensaver12 Posts 24Views 1299
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.