• GTK3 apps aren't scaling properly on HiDPI monitor + Plasma 5.12.3

BEHAVIOR: after a fresh install of Antergos with KDE Plasma 5.12.3, I set the hidpi scale in the Display settings to 1.7. Qt and KDE apps looks fine, but GTK3 apps like Simple Scan, Epiphany and even Pamac have really small icons and text (see screenshot below). How can I fix this?

alt text

• @jessedubord Hi. Don’t know about plasma, but you could try these environmente vars:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI#GDK_3_.28GTK.2B_3.29

Regards, folgui.

• This post is deleted!
  • @folgui Thanks for the reply. These do serve as a work-around, though I guess I was expecting a setting in the KDE System Settings that I could use to adjust the HiDPI settings for GTK applications (like in the Application Style section). I can’t see manually changing the environment variables for each GNOME app every time I try to open them as being a viable solution, you know?

I was trying to see if there was a setting that I missed. If this is just not a feature available in KDE Plasma, I’m happy to submit a feature request bug in their bugtracker.

• I also brought this issue (among others) up in the KDE community forums: KDE forums post.

properly21 apps20 gtk39 scaling4 Posts 5Views 502
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.