• Issues after first installation

So I just installed Antergos. I have a laptop with an Nvidia Optimus card, so I did my research and understood to disable nouveau before starting the live usb, installation went smoothly and after it was done I disabled nouveau again in grub to be able to get to graphical. It is my understanding that I need to remove nouveau from the system now, but I can’t get past the authentication screen. I’ve restarted several times. Screen goes black for an arbitrary amount of time, then the cursor appears. After this, the logic screen appears and I am able to login. But then the screen goes black and and hangs there, I’ve waited up to 10 minutes and it won’t get past that point! I don’t know what to do. The installation was done with GNOME.

• nVidia Optimus ranges from GeForce 305M up to GeForce GTX 1080 cards. It would be helpful to know card’s model.

If you refer to Antergos WIki article, than it doesn’t work well for nVidia with partial Optimus support - for cards below GeForce GTX 460M, and for recent 10+ Optimus series - GeForce GTX 1050, 1050 Ti, 1060, 1070, 1080 cards.

installation279 issues82 Posts 2Views 209
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.